Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Board meeting today about Hyypia

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm off to Oslo tomorrow so will miss the game; this is the first time I've ever said this, but I'm quite
relieved I don't have to watch the deluded sh** football that we have to endure at every match recently.

Lucky sod.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm really not sure what people are/were expecting today...

1. Hyypia is not going to walk, at least not now.

2. Bloom is highly unlikely to sack Hyypia either today or before the Millwall game. If he was going to be sacked, it would have happened in a quicker timescale, post-Derby, than this. It would not required a formal board meeting to discuss things.

Having a long thread titled 'Board meeting today about Hyypia' is probably what got people's hopes up.

Same as previous threads such as 'big announcement at 4pm', which got people all annoyed that we didn't sign anyone, when the actual club tweet was obvious it was about Xmas jumpers.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

2. Bloom is highly unlikely to sack Hyypia either today or before the Millwall game. If he was going to be sacked, it would have happened in a quicker timescale, post-Derby, than this. It would not required a formal board meeting to discuss things.

Exactly. A shame. For me it was more hope than anything else. Stillleast it means I have more money to spend in the new year as he is still in charge and looks likely for the forseeable. Means I can now find other things to do on a Sat afternoon :thumbsup:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I always go to every home game but am now thinking maybe I'll give some a miss.

Getting a season ticket in the late nineties and the Withdean years was a way of supporting the club because we were hand to mouth now it's is different.

There seems to be a disconnect between the fans and the management at all levels and with poor recruitment and strange manager choices I wonder if I can be bothered to rush back from work etc any more.....

50/50 on going to Millwall and will miss two games in Jan through holiday and will probably not bother on a few mid week games all the time Hyppia is there and we seem to persist with the failing recruitment set-up.

Season ticket next year? 50/50 will probably be able to pick and choose where I want to sit each game and those midweek games maybe swerved.

Can't actually believe I feel like this but I know from talking to many others I'm not alone.

This exactly.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Getting a season ticket in the late nineties and the Withdean years was a way of supporting the club because we were hand to mouth now it's is different.

There seems to be a disconnect between the fans and the management at all levels and with poor recruitment and strange manager choices I wonder if I can be bothered to rush back from work etc any more.....

50/50 on going to Millwall and will miss two games in Jan through holiday and will probably not bother on a few mid week games all the time Hyppia is there and we seem to persist with the failing recruitment set-up.

Season ticket next year? 50/50 will probably be able to pick and choose where I want to sit each game and those midweek games maybe swerved.

Can't actually believe I feel like this but I know from talking to many others I'm not alone.

I feel the same as well. Dont worry.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

So basically Bloom and the club are taking the ostrich stance and burying their heads in the sand. Hope you wrong and that Sami is packing his kit now.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Why should he, if he believes he can turn it around. It wasn't that long ago that Messrs Allardyce and Pardew were being flayed alive.

The difference is (as pointed out over 10 pages in a separate thread) the said named have an abundance of experience, operate within a financial measures we can merely dream of, and had experienced players capable of turning the situation around (Nolan & Taylor to name two). Hypia is a dead man walking, shouldn't have got the job in the first place and has been dealt a bad set of cards from Burke and the scouting team. Its a matter of time, my question is, WHY not now?!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

This is exactly where i am at this precise moment. I've already decided to not renewal a while back and will choose my games wisely. It's not just Hyypia though but our recruiting as you say.. I want to see how the club approach next summer because the last one was utterly embarrassing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why should he, if he believes he can turn it around. It wasn't that long ago that Messrs Allardyce and Pardew were being flayed alive.

...and if he does walk, he is finished as a manager I'd think, so can understand why he wouldn't walk and would stick it out until the bitter (or happy) end. From a club perspective, sacking him would be expensive (and would be a third change in a short time), so the club are presumably hoping (gambling, dreaming, whatever) on him turning things around. Who'd be a chairman.........

Stumpy Tim

I'll be going on boxing day, and review in the new year. This is not just about Sami, it's about the powers that be completely ignoring the fan base. If there was a 50-50 split in the fan base on this issue I would understand, but I personally see the lack of change as a dereliction of duty. If that's what the club want, then fair enough. Just don't expect fans to turn up

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
More like unpacking in his new house in hove.

I find it unbelievable that the club are NOT managing the situation. Do they not care what we, as fans, think?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
If Dick Knight was still in charge, would he have booked a quiet table for two at Donatello's by now?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I don't hear any chanting at the game about Hyppia.
Maybe the board think you are the noisy minority?
If there was constant chanting and booing of the manager/team during the match the board might realise the natives are not happy in bigger numbers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. Just don't expect fans to turn up

It would seem they don't care as long as you are paying your monthly DD, which I assume most are. Watch them try and guilt trip and worm their way back into favour about a week before renewals are due, until then they will have no interest in what the fans think.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If we win 3-0 on Friday, it'll put the cat amongst the pigeons. I wonder how many back to back victories it would require to turn us back on to the idea of Sami as 'the' long term option?!?

One thing has occurred to me - If, and it's a MASSIVE IF at that, Sami can turn it round or at the very least steady the ship - he's very, very unlikely to be poached by a 'bigger' club anytime soon, now is he?!? It's a gamble for sure, but then again I'm led to believe Tony's quite good at that kind of thing... Only because no one else would want! him I hear you cry, that may well be, but he could yet get it right before it goes oh so wrong. I'm hot and cold tbh, I do think Friday is make or break however, and nothing short of a win will do - certainly in the eyes of 90% of the fan base and probably 60% of his own players.

Kosh

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Why not now? Maybe they will deal him a couple of aces in January? Maybe they realise no one can get a full house with this hand? Why would Sami leave now and look like a quitter with an apparently tarnished image, even if he doesn't believe he can turn it round, I would wait for the hand out to pay my mortgage and when every one has forgotten, apart from BHA, and go for another job.

The difference is (as pointed out over 10 pages in a separate thread) the said named have an abundance of experience, operate within a financial measures we can merely dream of, and had experienced players capable of turning the situation around (Nolan & Taylor to name two). Hypia is a dead man walking, shouldn't have got the job in the first place and has been dealt a bad set of cards from Burke and the scouting team. Its a matter of time, my question is, WHY not now?!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I don't hear any chanting at the game about Hyppia.
Maybe the board think you are the noisy minority?
If there was constant chanting and booing of the manager/team during the match the board might realise the natives are not happy in bigger numbers.

This Friday might be different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here