Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Board meeting today about Hyypia

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If we win 3-0 on Friday, it'll put the cat amongst the pigeons. I wonder how many back to back victories it would require to turn us back on to the idea of Sami as 'the' long term option?!?

One thing has occurred to me - If, and it's a MASSIVE IF at that, Sami can turn it round or at the very least steady the ship - he's very, very unlikely to be poached by a 'bigger' club anytime soon, now is he?!? It's a gamble for sure, but then again I'm led to believe Tony's quite good at that kind of thing... Only because no one else would want! him I hear you cry, that may well be, but he could yet get it right before it goes oh so wrong. I'm hot and cold tbh, I do think Friday is make or break however, and nothing short of a win will do - certainly in the eyes of 90% of the fan base and probably 60% of his own players.

Kosh

Where are these back to back victories going to come from? We've won 3 league games in 20 and are averaging less than a point a game. Plus the football we are playing is completely inept. We've given the rest of the division enough of a head start already, and some of the games coming up could be real 6 pointers come the end of the season. If we stick with Hyypia much longer we'll be cut adrift in the relegation zone and no manager with ambition would touch a job like this.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Feckless? Lightweight?

Have been going since old enough to and never miss a home game unless away on holiday and even then try to book around. Countless away days and a season ticket holder for 16/17 years in a row and before that except when Archer and Bellotti were at the top table.

If me and others (many) are thinking the same it will make the regime take notice as it seems hard cash is the only thing that does. So, so bit.

I went to the Goldstone and worked overseas 82-95, when I returned I visited many different grounds, in '99 I returned to the fold and purchased a season ticket at Withdean and have held one ever since. As you all did I attended marches, wrote letters etc etc.

My Son's 8 & 11 have a season tickets.

I traipse over from Arundel for each match and spend a King's ransom on food, drinks and merchandise; I am seriously considering watching non-league football next season and saving the £800 on STHs, £300 on parking and another few bob per match for 3 pies, soft drinks and a beer. Does that make me a bad fan? To many yes, but you have to know what the person has done prior to Withdean, at Withdean and at The Amex and how they've supported the club to make that judgement surely?

The club, for me, is too remote now from me, the simple fan. I choose to take my money and spend 10% of it supporting my local non-league club.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
51+ points is generally the target but may be a bit more this season so say 55 points to stay up, we have 18 so we need 37 from our remaining 26 games so sooner or later we need to pick up a few wins or we are going to be needing snookers to stay up

As it is a tighter division this year - won't the number of points be less ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not going to argue with anything you say but are you getting the impression that the club give a shit what the fans think?
The fans don't like to see the team playing poor football or losing - the board would have known that already. I don't suppose they like it either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fans don't like to see the team playing poor football or losing - the board would have known that already. I don't suppose they like it either.

Maybe I'm too demanding and should doff my cap to the board and continue to pay top dollar for the lovely seat and view and try harder to get behind a team that seem to have given up coached by a man who can't even talk a good game let alone manage a team to do it. If the board think he's up to it who am I to question it? Stop questioning and continue paying eh?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I'm surprised by you there - so you're saying a commercial business has no interest (couldn't care less) with regard it's customer base?!? That's like Asda deciding to poison a proportion of customers by knowingly selling a load of out of date stock... yeah who gives a toss?!? they'll keep coming back! Bollocks, You raise the point re renewals and I'm sure the impact on this side of the business will have been somewhere near the top of today's agenda. The club are invested in the long-term - and I'm sure the impact (and associated risk) of retaining Sami will be a huge area of concern for the powers that be. Relegation a commercial and financial disaster. I just don't share that attitude that the Albion as a 'business' couldn't care less re it's customer base (and related income streams), you have to know that's not the case, right?

It is and always will be about money - the game has long since abandoned the ideals of the local club for local people credo... it's cold hard business hand in hand with cold hard cash. This is how business works, i realise it's almost offensive to think of it like this, but be under no illusion the powers that be will be very worried by the unsustainable league position - the negative impact on the business too great to imagine. it's P&L and bottom line time baby! no different to any other commercial business.

Kosh

Everything you say would be sound if the club were making a profit - the problem though is that it is making consistent losses.

There is a strong case to argue that if we are relegated then losses next season would actually be less than if we remain in the Championship.

Long term of course relegation won't improve our chances of getting to the promised land of the Premier League, the club's only real hope of ever returning a profit.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
#IsTheFinnStillIn?

Yes and will be for the foreseeable future. Bloom knows we're going to be relegated but thinks we'll still attract 25k plus fans. He thinks as long as we attract these fans and the prices then everything is hunky dory. Bloom is living in wonder land.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Yes and will be for the foreseeable future. Bloom knows we're going to be relegated but thinks we'll still attract 25k plus fans. He thinks as long as we attract these fans and the prices then everything is hunky dory. Bloom is living in wonder land.

I want some of whatever you're on please.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'm sure that Bloom thinks that losing 10m a season, even with 25k fans, is just great.

Everything you say would be sound if the club were making a profit - the problem though is that it is making consistent losses.

There is a strong case to argue that if we are relegated then losses next season would actually be less than if we remain in the Championship.

Long term of course relegation won't improve our chances of getting to the promised land of the Premier League, the club's only real hope of ever returning a profit.

Case to argue? I don't think so with the "FFP" regulations that apply in League One.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Are people seriously suggesting that we brought Hyypia in to get relegated as it's cheaper to run the club the lower the league you are in. Well why not go the whole hog and bring in the Bristol Rovers manger from last season and go non league and part time.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Why would he be living in wonder land pal?
Championship wage bill £23 million
League 1 wage bill £10 million

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
On another note im bloody shocked he's not been sacked yet...Its blatantly clear hyppia isn't Upto it and his record is as poor as it gets anywhere bloody shocking.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe I'm too demanding and should doff my cap to the board and continue to pay top dollar for the lovely seat and view and try harder to get behind a team that seem to have given up coached by a man who can't even talk a good game let alone manage a team to do it. If the board think he's up to it who am I to question it? Stop questioning and continue paying eh?
It's your money, it's your hobby, complain if you like. But I wouldn't imagine the board aren't equally frustrated. I also think a lot of fans forget that although it is expensive, our entertainment is being subsidised.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why would he be living in wonder land pal?
Championship wage bill £23 million
League 1 wage bill £10 million

A L1 wage bill would mean we would have to field a entire team of Forster-Caskeys

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A L1 wage bill would mean we would have to field a entire team of Forster-Caskeys

I would imagine JFC won't be anywhere near a league 1 team if it came to it. Same goes for dunk, march and LuaLua who will all get moves elsewhere.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So even if they made a decision to act today we can assume they will talk with Sami before a general announcement - may also have decided to wait until after Friday and see what the result is, most likely would be wait until Tony is back from Aus and look for a saviour to pull us out of relegation zone before end of the season .....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here