Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Board meeting today about Hyypia

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'd love a boring pragmatist for the next 6 months...

Me too, but it's pretty unlikely that we could sign one up for only 6 months. We'd have to take him for next season too in all likelihood. Would you take that as the price we'd have to pay to get rid of Sami now and secure Championship football for next season? I'm not sure I would - I think that most managers would be able to get us out of the relegation zone for this season, so I'd rather we went with someone with a bit more flair than just boring pragmatism.

All of this is probably moot in any case - I'm far from convinced that Sami will be leaving any time soon.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Not really, its an opinion that is all some people prefer to do business that way and that is a fact.

I agree! But there's a difference between what one is able to do and what one prefers to do. Personally, I'd prefer to be in the same room. But I know that, if I were not able to be there, I could do the same things perfectly well remotely.

But just because you prefer one option doesn't mean the alternative isn't just as good. And in this context, those who think that if TB isn't sitting in the boardroom at the Amex, he is somehow cut off from the business of the club are totally deluded.

Maybe, for self-satisfying reasons, they want to use this as a stick to beat TB with. In this case, the stick is a minute piece of tissue paper.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd love a boring pragmatist for the next 6 months...

I take your point, but there's boring pragmatism and then there's Hughtonball. I'd like to think there was an alternative which would see us safe without his flairless tactics-by-numbers. I do agree with you though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not really, its an opinion that is all some people prefer to do business that way and that is a fact.

What we prefer and what is practical are two different things though and I am sure TB is 100% versed in using VC etc. My team are spread across c25 countries and all timezones. Even when making critical decisions like hiring into the team I can't see everyone face to face. Using some of the more recently available VC facilities like telepresence for example enables you to see if someone is sweating or not anyway.........(not always a good thing)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sounds like a regular meeting, if bloom was going to act he would have done it by now, or accepted the alleged resignation letter.....

It's not gonna happen, don't get your hopes up folks.

I think you are right. If there are plans to get rid, who will be interviewing a replacement ? Unless that's already done?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think he did but if this was due to team selection, player recruitment and Director's of Football we may be able to address some of the other problems surrounding the club?

If we do adress those problems, I'd be hoping to get someone in with a darned sight better track record than Sherwood.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Daily Star (I know) are reporting that the board are meeting to discusd Hyypia's future today. Also that Reading are signing Murray permanently in January.

The board meeting was scheduled long before we careered into the relegation zone , the future of Sami will just be an item on the agenda alongside the stadium catering P&L figures. Reading want to offload Pogrebniak who is on £60k a week and replace him with Judas on a third of that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nothing will happen, Bloom and his suits will carry on deluding themselves everything is ok whilst less than 15k bother to turn up on Friday

That figure will include the contingent from Sarf London too.

D

Deleted member 22389

Nothing will happen, Bloom and his suits will carry on deluding themselves everything is ok whilst less than 15k bother to turn up on Friday

Weather is not looking good either and what with it being on SKY and our current league position, I reckon we could be set for one of the lowest crowds for a league match ever at The Amex. Bloody depressing. If we lose then that has to be end of SH.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It may not even top 15K but that figure is about right imo. The apparent lack of concern from the club has made me lose interest in watching the Albion at the moment. I'll bin Millwall and Reading tickets (actually I have someone who wants them, so the protest is not that strong) if Hyypia remains at the helm. I have better things to do than get angry at what is supposedly a relaxing hobby. Nothing to do with losing, I can take that, I can't accept the whole arrogant/carefree/cavalier attitude of the club to what is happening on the pitch.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It may not even top 15K but that figure is about right imo. The apparent lack of concern from the club has made me lose interest in watching the Albion at the moment. I'll bin Millwall and Reading tickets (actually I have someone who wants them, so the protest is not that strong) if Hyypia remains at the helm. I have better things to do than get angry at what is supposedly a relaxing hobby. Nothing to do with losing, I can take that, I can't accept the whole arrogant/carefree/cavalier attitude of the club to what is happening on the pitch.

I've got my work do this Friday so no Millwall and, as a result of how awful we are on the pitch and seemingly oblivious off of it, I'm not going to the Reading game either in order to spend time with my Palace supporting in-laws. That's how godamn low I feel about the situation. I'd rather have a spot of Christmas lunch with the enemy.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm off to Oslo tomorrow so will miss the game; this is the first time I've ever said this, but I'm quite
relieved I don't have to watch the deluded sh** football that we have to endure at every match recently.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If there's no announcement by tonight I'm fully expecting a 'bury our head in the sand' approach from the board, where Hyypia will continue to help us drop points to average teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here