Arundel

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You laugh, but manager recruitment also falls under Burke's remit

You sure? I thought I'd seen TB quoted a couple of years back as saying that the CEO, DoF and manager all reported directly into him. I anticipate that Burke would be involved in the interviewing process (along with PB and perhaps 1 or more NEDs), but surely the decision is ultimately TB's?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Sherwood, all the issues were discussed previously, we just have to concede a little now to get the man we should have had at the bleedin' start!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sherwood, all the issues were discussed previously, we just have to concede a little now to get the man we should have had at the bleedin' start!

I can't see it myself. He hasn't got any Championship experience, and there were rumours that he turned us down.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I can't see it myself. He hasn't got any Championship experience, and there were rumours that he turned us down.

I think he did but if this was due to team selection, player recruitment and Director's of Football we may be able to address some of the other problems surrounding the club?

Stumpy Tim

You sure? I thought I'd seen TB quoted a couple of years back as saying that the CEO, DoF and manager all reported directly into him. I anticipate that Burke would be involved in the interviewing process (along with PB and perhaps 1 or more NEDs), but surely the decision is ultimately TB's?
My understanding is that, though obviously Bloom has finally sign-off

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Board meetings are regularly scheduled by any company as part of their governance and having one just before the Chairman leaves the country is absolutely sensible and expected. However, while it may not be "about" Hyypia our current position, sorry complete shitness, will be a major topic of conversation, even if only to agree a party line while Tony's away.

Indeed. I am guessing the question of the manager's position might be on the main agenda as opposed to 'any other business' :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So what happens if we lose every match while Tony is in Australia ? ??? Do we wait until he is back to get someone else in ???

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The interesting thing for me about the Argus article is that it highlights we are 4/1 to go down with the bookies.

On that basis, a lot of the knee-jerkers on here should be lumping on big time. Don't get me wrong, I think it's time for Sami to go (he wont, at least not yet), but the string of 'that's it, we're down' rubbish is set in context of those how generally know the score, the bookies.

Who's willing to put their money where their mouth is?

PG
Do people seriously think we are going down? Or are they just being NSC and finding something a bit more interesting to discuss than "I'd say we have about a one in five chance of being relegated". Anyone who seriously thinks that we are "shit" and "sleepwalking to Div 1" should indeed put their money where their mouth is.

Bin the Finn and we will be fine.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Do people seriously think we are going down? Or are they just being NSC and finding something a bit more interesting to discuss than "I'd say we have about a one in five chance of being relegated". Anyone who seriously thinks that we are "shit" and "sleepwalking to Div 1" should indeed put their money where their mouth is.

Bin the Finn and we will be fine.

Personally I do not think we will, since as in the Premier League with some there ARE indeed worse sides. Our downhill slide however, and apparent lack of drive (Germaine missing does not help) will be of concern though.
The odds are not a reflection on our real chances of dropping imho, since they are more an indication of the layers' liabilities rather than percentage in their eyes. Would I back at 4/1, certainly not but should we come up with little over the Festive Period and spirits remain apparently low, then 11/2 will be a distant memory.
I would never back my team to go down, but to some money is money, and any savvy gambler (not an oxymoron, there ARE some) will tell you it is all about VALUE.

Rel.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here