Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom refuses to bow to fans' calls to axe boss Hyypia

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
How can you sack someone just six months after saying all this.

Chairman Tony Bloom added, "We are very excited to have appointed Sami as our new manager. He has already had a distinguished career in the game, having played and managed at the very top.

"As we have said previously we had a wealth of very high calibre applicants. Paul and I undertook an extensive and diligent evaluation of the contenders and Sami was the one who emerged as our number one choice.

"I would like to thank the fans for their patience during this time. I know the fans were keen to see a new manager in place quickly, but it was vital to take our time. I am extremely confident that Sami will be a big success at Brighton, and I am sure the fans will share our delight at his appointment."
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-appoint-hyypia-1618263.aspx#cYmhrAYc7ZArhcKG.99:albion2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has he been fired as well ??

Both gone? I think I would spontaneously combust

No chance. I think Dazzer was joking. If the Sherwood story on talksport was correct Paul Barber is here to stay and we'll all have to deal with it, me included. To be perfectly fair as well, while the NSC jury is almost unanimous against Sami the Paul Barber jury is at best 50/50

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
How can you sack someone just six months after saying all this.

Chairman Tony Bloom added, "We are very excited to have appointed Sami as our new manager. He has already had a distinguished career in the game, having played and managed at the very top.

"As we have said previously we had a wealth of very high calibre applicants. Paul and I undertook an extensive and diligent evaluation of the contenders and Sami was the one who emerged as our number one choice.

"I would like to thank the fans for their patience during this time. I know the fans were keen to see a new manager in place quickly, but it was vital to take our time. I am extremely confident that Sami will be a big success at Brighton, and I am sure the fans will share our delight at his appointment."
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-appoint-hyypia-1618263.aspx#cYmhrAYc7ZArhcKG.99:albion2:

3 wins in 21 games is how....

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
No chance. I think Dazzer was joking. If the Sherwood story on talksport was correct Paul Barber is here to stay and we'll all have to deal with it, me included. To be perfectly fair as well, while the NSC jury is almost unanimous against Sami the Paul Barber jury is at best 50/50

I quite like Paul Barber. There i said it. He has always been honest open in his replies to me. Sami needs to go and I would prefer not to have Burke at the club, but that doesnt look very likely...

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Yep I would agree, but lets hope his and Pauls diligent evaluation works better next time around and they are even more extremely confident of success.

It was always at least in part a gamble without a track record, but he had the experience of playing to a high level,so he must have seen a few plan B's, even if not able to deliver one now.....Gus proved you could take a risk and it would pay off. Just didn't quite get us there before throwing his toys. I think the next appointment will be a bit more proven. At least i hope so.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Which, given that the club was never going be big enough for both him and Poyet from the second he was appointed, is a damn shame, not to mention a sad reflection of the depth of understanding and insight enjoyed by that NSC jury.

Opinionated but charismatic manager gets forced out for absolutely no good reason and the club doesn't even lower itself to bother with an explanation to the people that pay its wages. Since then, two shy, retiring, quiet managers have been appointed, one a complete disaster. Wonder who's the problem here? After all, Bloom always seems a very nice, sensible, thoroughly decent cove through and through to me. Hmmm.

Changing manager without changing Barber and Burke as well would be absolutely no more effective whatsoever than rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. Simple as that.

They have shut Oz air space to ensure he has the time to get it done

c5e00ca5ebd7df700e9c60d62bd4668d.jpg
he's already there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Which, given that the club was never going be big enough for both him and Poyet from the second he was appointed, is a damn shame, not to mention a sad reflection of the depth of understanding and insight enjoyed by that NSC jury.

Opinionated but charismatic manager gets forced out for absolutely no good reason and the club doesn't even lower itself to bother with an explanation to the people that pay its wages. Since then, two shy, retiring, quiet managers have been appointed, one a complete disaster. Wonder who's the problem here? After all, Bloom always seems a very nice, sensible, thoroughly decent cove through and through to me. Hmmm.

Changing manager without changing Barber and Burke as well would be absolutely no more effective whatsoever than rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. Simple as that.

I agree with you 100% but, apparently, if you think like that you've got a personal "beef". We are either going to be stuck with all three or see Sami replaced with someone who may be quite close to Paul Barber. I don't think there is any way that a top brass clearout will happen the day before Tony's annual poker jaunt to Oz. It would leave the club (even more) rudderless.

Relegation would be a disaster though. Then we'd see.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It will be 2 or more pages of dross saying why keeping Hyypia is the best thing for the club.

And how we could have won every game this season and some statistical blow hard about the teams in the bottom ten before Friday who have changed their manager not quite being out of the bottom ten (not sure why that is the magic number or why Friday was chosen).

Many of Bozza's unproductive hours have been moments when TB has been uncontactable by the man who needs to advise his boss that the search for a willing replacement is proving more difficult than anyone thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here