Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Blimey (new predicted positions)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm sticking to the 'one game at a time' approach.

As the last two games have proved – there's more than enough time to go through the range of emotions of being a fan :lolol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Not a betting man so wouldn't have a clue how to place a bet but a certain company are offering the following EPL odds-
To win it 125/1 not worth even a few pounds.
Top two 50/1
Top four 10/1 those used to be our relegation odds!
Top six 11/4
Relegated 50/1
Not relegated 1/500 wow, so we're not going down then
NOT in top 4 1/20
Top half 3/10
Bottom 250/1
HERE IS THE BET
Third behind Man City & Liverpool 33/1
7th behind big six 15/8

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Everton going down, us finishing above the scum and qualifying for Europe? What's not to like?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wayyy to early for this imo.

We're bound to go on a slump and the Potter Out threads will resurface.

Forest had 17 new signings. It'll take time for them to gel.

Fulham will be stuffed if Mitro gets injured or goes off the boil.

And so on. Way to many ups and downs to go. I'd still be happy with a top 10.

Who is going to take on the mantle? :smile:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Wayyy to early for this imo.

We're bound to go on a slump and the Potter Out threads will resurface.

Forest had 17 new signings. It'll take time for them to gel.

Fulham will be stuffed if Mitro gets injured or goes off the boil.

And so on. Way to many ups and downs to go. I'd still be happy with a top 10.

Forest signed 21 players!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm sticking to the 'one game at a time' approach.

As the last two games have proved – there's more than enough time to go through the range of emotions of being a fan :lolol:

Yes, stay level headed, one game at a time ...... if you're a coach or player.

Wild speculation, daring to dream and ludicrous optimism if you're a fan. Isn't that what being a fan is all about?!

Just be ready for the crash when it arrives

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, stay level headed, one game at a time ...... if you're a coach or player.

Wild speculation, daring to dream and ludicrous optimism if you're a fan. Isn't that what being a fan is all about?!

Just be ready for the crash when it arrives

Not for me (Clive). For whatever reason, I try not to get too up or too down about anything in life. In fact, I go to matches now thinking they are going to lose and anything else is a bonus :thumbsup:

Might not fit to typical mould of what a fan 'should' be, but that's just how I roll...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
7th is there for the taking. Last season you had west ham and Leicester who were two teams that had made themselves top six flirters for a couple of seasons so they were always going to be tough to displace. This year Leicester look in disarray and west ham have got off to a slow start. Newcastle will soon be joining the top six but they're not there yet.

The title of 'best of the rest' is up for grabs. This is the time to dream! A slump will come at some point, we probably won't finish 7th but all the time we're winning and playing incredible football enjoy it and dream of a European tour next season!

It could happen.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This is our form since we lost 6 in a row in March.

DWWLDWWDW/WDWWLW

15 games
2 loses
4 draws
9 wins

Obviously past performance is no guarantee of future results, but when does a purple patch become the norm?

It looks like Graham might have solved our major defect, which was playing well without getting the results our play deserved.

By dropping Maupay, who only started 2 games following our awful run of 6 losses on the spin (the games Neal did start since then were disappointing draws against Norwich and Southampton). And more recently (according to fbref.com) opting for a starting formation of 3-4-3 rather than a 3-5-2 (although we did line up in a 3-5-2 against Fulham, and lost.)

It looks like Graham Potter might have fixed us.

If so, a 7th place finish might be a pessimistic forecast.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Who is going to take on the mantle? :smile:

There's always a few Icy. Palarse trolls in disguise, idiots, kiddies who have not known anything but PL football and think we should be challenging Leeds for Champions of Europe. Or spur of the moment posts.

Never underestimate the stupidity of others.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not a betting man so wouldn't have a clue how to place a bet but a certain company are offering the following EPL odds-
To win it 125/1 not worth even a few pounds.
Top two 50/1
Top four 10/1 those used to be our relegation odds!
Top six 11/4
Relegated 50/1
Not relegated 1/500 wow, so we're not going down then
NOT in top 4 1/20
Top half 3/10
Bottom 250/1
HERE IS THE BET
Third behind Man City & Liverpool 33/1
7th behind big six 15/8

I agree. 33/1 to finish top without the big two seems like very good odds. Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd and Arsenal all have better squads than us, but 33/1 to finish above them all is still an absolute steal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's always a few Icy. Palarse trolls in disguise, idiots, kiddies who have not known anything but PL football and think we should be challenging Leeds for Champions of Europe. Or spur of the moment posts.

Never underestimate the stupidity of others.

I am not having my divisive public polls ruined by another idiot, it needs to be an Albion fan (not Junior obviously as the poll will just be Potter Out and no other options :wink:)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There is a long way to go, a World Cup, another transfer window and a couple of managerial changes to come yet, but our chances of a top 6 finish this season are decent, as long as we keep the duff performances to a minimum, I am sure we will not be far off points wise but it could be quite congested 5th to 10th.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

This article is already out of date. We are still predicted to finish 7th but with a points total of 60 and +11 GD. We have less than a 1% chance of relegation and a 24% chance of making the Champions League! They basically model the season based on hundreds of factors and run it 20,000 times.

We are also, according to FiveThirtyEight's quite complex and mostly reliable Sports Performance Index, the 23rd best team in the world.

The stats come from here https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

It's probably the best barometer later in the season but obviously isn't a brilliant guide for future form (especially in a season broken up by a World Cup as there isn't really a precedent for a long mid-season break)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here