Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
No they are not. The side have conceeded fewest goals, but Greer and El-Abd are far from the best center backs in teh championship. In fact I would struggle to find a championship side either of these would get it. Not going into it now, but I think they may be one of the best problems we have. We two decent center backs, I think we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

But just because the stats read only goals goal conceeded, that doesn't make these two players the best center backs in the division. Far from it.

I agree there are definitely better defenders out there but I don't recall saying that they are the best centre backs in the Championship, I said they are the best defensive partnership. They've let the fewest goals through so why aren't they the best partnership?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Forgive me, I love nothing more the Albion winning but I fear its the formation/team that needs changing.
Yep to true. And it look like even though Gus is bored, and it the only one who can relieve that boredom, he's going for it in the same way. Maybe they will line up differently......................... :yawn:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come on you super seagulls. This could be judgement day for the newly appointed Barndoor (BDB , aka Barn Door Barnes)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I agree with this. Barnsley were better (apart from their keeper) than Ipswich and Birmingham . When we shoot on target we are really dangerous.

I can't agree with any part of that. Barnsley were absolutely terrible against us. I know they were missing a few players and were understrength on their average squad anyway, but on that day their performance was incredibly inept. They had absolutely no idea and had the worst goalkeeper in the Championship for years in goal. Anyone would have beaten them that day, and it's not the performance against Barnsley which makes me think we have the quality to win every game this season, it's the performance against Sheffield Wednesday. We were so much better than them it bordered on being embarrassing!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I agree there are definitely better defenders out there but I don't recall saying that they are the best centre backs in the Championship, I said they are the best defensive partnership. They've let the fewest goals through so why aren't they the best partnership?
their not even the best partnership. We are conceeding fewer goals, because the way teams play against us. Teams have learnt one goal is enough, if you can stop us playing.

Thats why Middlesbrough hardly come out of their half once they scored. They didn't need to risk their victory by pushing for a second goal. So they dont attack (apart from a break away). That's part of the reason for our low goals against count. Not because of a brilliant partnership in the centre of defence.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Enjoy the game Gents, I am going to focus fully on the stream. :)

Brendan Rodgers watching CMS, the commentator is a comic genius!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeagulls! Im confident.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Anybody who even remotely thinks about wanting a drum at The Amex only needs to listen to the f***ing racket at Bloomfield Road.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
will someone shoot the happy clapper

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FFS is this Leicester all over again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here