Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This place is depressing

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yet, people say a settled team will produce results. We kept the same team for the first three games despite starting with a loss and a draw and it brought about a 5-1 drubbing for barnsley. People criticise managers for tinkering because they want a settled side.

I'm all for a settled side, but I've got real doubts this team as it currently is will ever produce the results we want. We struggle to score goals at the best of times, but with 3 central midfielders who don't really have the quality to open up defences as CMS wants, what chance have we got? If we started with Orlandi or Dobbie instead of Barnes, then we'd atleast have some creative flair to go with our defensive solidity. People talk about the defensive work Barnes does, and rightly so, but when you have 3 defence minded midfielders in there, do you really need a defence minded advanced midfielder as well? I think we're set up to be far too negative at the moment and that's our problem.

Like the new Avatar-anyway with regards to madness,it's keen to remember when embarking on trying to get falmer built the club always stated there was "No plan B" so perhaps all is not mad. :lol:

Thank you, I think it's an outstanding design which the world will hopefully see a lot more of in the new year....
Fair point, we constantly demanded Falmer and got there in the end, and it's worked out *reasonably* well! But with the team selection, you need a blend of attack and defence, I think we're far too well loaded one way...

Einstein also said “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” Not sure it's relevant but i like it.

I love that quote as well, and I used it in an interview yesterday. Seemed to go over well!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Einstein once said the deffinition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome. Looking at that team sheet, we've descended into madness. We might be good at keeping the ball, but there's not much creativity there and I'm not as confident now as I was.

Not as confident as you was??.Did you really think Poyet would ring the changes?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I'm all for a settled side, but I've got real doubts this team as it currently is will ever produce the results we want. We struggle to score goals at the best of times, but with 3 central midfielders who don't really have the quality to open up defences as CMS wants, what chance have we got? If we started with Orlandi or Dobbie instead of Barnes, then we'd atleast have some creative flair to go with our defensive solidity. People talk about the defensive work Barnes does, and rightly so, but when you have 3 defence minded midfielders in there, do you really need a defence minded advanced midfielder as well? I think we're set up to be far too negative at the moment and that's our problem.

Pretty much agree with all of this

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
PASSION

is what we want
someone needs to do something

anything

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC v Blackpool: Kuszczak, Bruno, Greer, El-Abd, Bridge; Bridcutt, Hammond, Crofts; Barnes Buckley, Mackail-Smith.

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC subs v Blackpool: Ankergren (GK), Dunk, Calderon, Dicker, Orlandi, David, Dobbie.

Not sure about that really.

I got the team right for the first time this year. Just one mistake in the subs with me picking Lualua instead of David Lopez.

I also forecasted Dobbie and Orlandi (if fit) to come on in the second half whatever the score.

I am reasonable confident we will get the draw with this side.

BBC Sport - Blackpool v Brighton

I don't agree with "if we play the same way goals will come". We have got to make the goals.

Blackpool:
Gilks, Broadfoot, Evatt, Baptiste, Crainey, Osbourne, Angel, Grandin, Ince, M Phillips, Taylor-Fletcher

They look quite strong. Quality players in bold.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not as confident as you was??.Did you really think Poyet would ring the changes?

I'm always confident, and then I see the teamsheet and wonder why. This is the Gus way, and it's not doing badly for us, I just think we're capable of better.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5280380 said:
Pretty much agree with all of this

Me too.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I got the team right for the first time this year. Just one mistake in the subs with me picking Lualua instead of David Lopez.

I also forecasted Dobbie and Orlandi (if fit) to come on in the second half whatever the score.

I am reasonable confident we will get the draw with this side.

That's cute. Have a cookie.

Chocolate-Chip-Cookie.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What kind of twat says "I'm not a big fan of Barnes" on the radio?

feck me he wants Dunk to play because he is better going forward FFS take him off

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yet, people say a settled team will produce results. We kept the same team for the first three games despite starting with a loss and a draw and it brought about a 5-1 drubbing for barnsley. People criticise managers for tinkering because they want a settled side.
But equally it could be argued that if the Barnsley keeper could catch a ball, and dive for a shot,we would not have been 2-0 up in ten minutes and if we didnt have that start, may not have gone on to win so comforably, and it could have been another Ipswich or Birmingham, who if we scored against early on would have probably won by a few goals. Even Gus agrees with that.

And no problem with a settled side. So long as its a winning one.

Rather not have a settled side after 5 games without a win personally.

Lets hope we get an early goal today.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
feck me he wants Dunk to play because he is better going forward FFS take him off

Yeah, let's just disrupt the best defensive partnership in the Championship and not play CMS upfront. FFS.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
But equally it could be argued that if the Barnsley keeper could catch a ball, and dive for a shot,we would not have been 2-0 up in ten minutes and if we didnt have that start, may not have gone on to win so comforably, and it could have been another Ipswich or Birmingham, who if we scored against early on would have probably won by a few goals. Even Gus agrees with that.

Lets hope we get an early goal today.

I agree with this. Barnsley were better (apart from their keeper) than Ipswich and Birmingham . When we shoot on target we are really dangerous.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
My heart wants a result.
But my head says Barnes again! So I have put money on Blackpool.:down:...This actually may improve our chances today, however the only time I have done this before was seeing the line-up against West Ham last year and I had cashed in after about 10 minutes as we were losing 3-0.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yeah, let's just disrupt the best defensive partnership in the Championship and not play CMS upfront. FFS.
No they are not. The side have conceeded fewest goals, but Greer and El-Abd are far from the best center backs in teh championship. In fact I would struggle to find a championship side either of these would get it. Not going into it now, but I think they may be one of the best problems we have. We two decent center backs, I think we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

But just because the stats read only goals goal conceeded, that doesn't make these two players the best center backs in the division. Far from it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports