Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool vs Brighton and Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just looking at the thread towards the end if the game, and everyone seems really nervous. Did the radio commentators make it sound like they were going to score? They had plenty of possession but we defended comfortably; I think their only shots on goal were from a couple of free kicks. We still looked dangerous on the counter during the last 20-25 and were well worth the win.

Brief summary of players that stood out: Ince dominated his position, as usual; Chicksen looked comfortable and showed he has pace; KLL gives us an excellent outlet for the counter. Ulloa showed some real touches of class and almost scored a fantastic curling shot, but no decent crosses for him to get on the end of. Am I being overly optimistic and naive in thinking that the Conway deal may have been done, and he'll be able to play on 1st Jan?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Just looking at the thread towards the end if the game, and everyone seems really nervous. Did the radio commentators make it sound like they were going to score? They had plenty of possession but we defended comfortably; I think their only shots on goal were from a couple of free kicks. We still looked dangerous on the counter during the last 20-25 and were well worth the win.

Brief summary of players that stood out: Ince dominated his position, as usual; Chicksen looked comfortable and showed he has pace; KLL gives us an excellent outlet for the counter. Ulloa showed some real touches of class and almost scored a fantastic curling shot, but no decent crosses for him to get on the end of. Am I being overly optimistic and naive in thinking that the Conway deal may have been done, and he'll be able to play on 1st Jan?

Think he will be back but Jan 1st I would say no chance. Window only opens on 1st and can't see the FA rushing through the transfers (and throw in the Welsh FA) on a bank holiday.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Best all round Albion performance I have seen for some time.
Hard to give a MOM performance, somit would hev to be Calde for scoring the winner.
Special mention also goes to Buckley, who had his best game in a long time.

Blackpool fans will be rightly upset. They were never really I the game in a positive sense, despite the 1-0 scoreline. Koosh was never really tested.

Onwards and upwards, SEAGULLS!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Or they may not let anyone go until the manager takes a look.

I thought he was out of contract a the end of the year, so free agent.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Apologies, what I meant was he is a free agent at the end of the season, so Cardiff will be pleased to let him go cheaply, to at least get something for him before he walks away

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Think he will be back but Jan 1st I would say no chance. Window only opens on 1st and can't see the FA rushing through the transfers (and throw in the Welsh FA) on a bank holiday.

Usual Welsh FA international Clearance BullS**T probably available in 3 weeks:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here