Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool vs Brighton and Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
First official thread for me but somebody had to do it.

One point from last two games but could easily have been six..four...three..or two...such is the Championship. A long haul and good luck to each and every travelling Seagull.
Can we turn it around and post another three points before two home games...we really are close to play off positions and with Leo back a real chance to cement at least a play off place.
My prediction....2-0 to the good guys.

Dumbass....Sunday kick off....

This means you don't have to do the thread at midnight on New Year's Eve.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Buckley could be out for a while after his first decent performance - very bad luck for us. Hope Ward / Bruno are fit for NY Day - at least to be available for selection

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yeah, shame about Buckley, sounded like he was back to the player we know. Hope the injury is just a tweak and just misses a game or two. Chicksen getting on sounds like a good thing in a way, as we would not have dropped Ward, and would never have known if he could cope, especially if Bruno had been fit as Chicksen wouldn't have even been on the bench otherwise.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
The guy must be fed up to say the least

He must be gutted. I can see why when he comes back it takes him a while to find form as he must be thinking about over doing it and pulling his hamstring again. Feel for the bloke because on his day like today then he's quality.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Good old Inigo on Radio Sussex, but he sounds like he has a horse underneath him!

I think he has the potential to be a very good manager (hopefully with us at some point)

Great personality and loves the Albion! :albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, shame about Buckley, sounded like he was back to the player we know. Hope the injury is just a tweak and just misses a game or two. Chicksen getting on sounds like a good thing in a way, as we would not have dropped Ward, and would never have known if he could cope, especially if Bruno had been fit as Chicksen wouldn't have even been on the bench otherwise.

Chicksen did well today, fitted straight in, has a bit of pace and seems to be quite skilful with quick feet and decent awareness of what is happening around him. All in all an excellent performance mixing keep ball with long ball. Ulloa looked quality and Barnes played well, layoffs and holding the ball. Tomas was not really tested and Blackpool didn't really have a clue how to play us. Players were well up for the game and competed well. Ince continues to look a real prospect, so strong in the tackle, the air and running with the ball. Crofts neat and tidy and never panics, always seems to have time on the ball, whilst being strong and committed in the challenge. Calde also had a good game and the defence looked solid. We should have put the game to bed long before the end though. Once again I am loving the changes between long ball and neat keep ball. Last year teams knew how to play us, this season we are much less predictable.

Good win and although I have no idea how many Albion were there were more than I expected. I'd guess over 600?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here