Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool game suspended - fans on the pitch

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We've been there so cannot condemn them

And why would we any way? There is nothing to condemn. The Blackpool fans need to make a stand. If anything they can be criticised for it taking this long for them to interrupt a game. The FA and Football League do nothing until games start getting effected.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good luck Blackpool:thumbsup:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
and maybe it will be a punishment that is applied for next season

Can that happen, I know they were looking to change the rules a few years ago but I thought that was around administration - Leeds went in to admin a few years ago when they went to league one didnt they (or maybe when they were safe) during the last game of the season to ensure the points did not carry forward as they had calculated that it didnt change the overall result of their league finish

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Not sure there will be a club there to deduct points from next season.

That is possibly a sad truth - they were always well out of there depth in the Premier League but definately a championship/league one club really hope they can sort this out but it does not look good. Good on the fans there today, with the timing will refunds have to be made as I thought it was around the 60 min mark which they did this before

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Amateurish to say the least, if you're going to protest against such scum then go the full Monty as the punishment is the same :clap:

[yt]aWz3JXarVqQ[/yt]

[yt]Q0yZ8CM9wEI[/yt]

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Took 4points off us!..what a joke.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Chris Powell unaware of the 1996 York match then. Quote from him on the BBC:

Huddersfield manager Chris Powell: "I feel sorry for our fans first off, coming all this way. I'm sure some will have come last night and paid for accommodation and they were all in a good mood.
"What happened is something that I've never seen before. It's unprecedented and what's going to happen now?

Well what happens is you get the away team to come back again a few days later (probably on a Thursday) with a nice 11am k.o. to put off too many people turning up.

I ducked out of work for a couple of hours in 1996 to make our replayed game. Very odd atmosphere, but quite a nice sunny day if I recall rightly.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I was at Blackpool for the march and demo. Have started a thread (unaware Bozza had started this one). Posted three pix so far and will write a report of the day and post other pictures over the weekend. Sadly missed the pitch invasion as stood outside with other Blackpool fans on the grounds that Oyston wasn't having any of our money!

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Amateurish to say the least, if you're going to protest against such scum then go the full Monty as the punishment is the same :clap:

[yt]aWz3JXarVqQ[/yt]

[yt]Q0yZ8CM9wEI[/yt]

Haven't seen that for years cheers. Love how the commentator in the York game says 'these are distressing scenes' just as the coppers gang up and cosh a lad on his head whilst he's on the floor!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Chris Powell unaware of the 1996 York match then. Quote from him on the BBC:

Huddersfield manager Chris Powell: "I feel sorry for our fans first off, coming all this way. I'm sure some will have come last night and paid for accommodation and they were all in a good mood.
"What happened is something that I've never seen before. It's unprecedented and what's going to happen now?

Well what happens is you get the away team to come back again a few days later (probably on a Thursday) with a nice 11am k.o. to put off too many people turning up.

I ducked out of work for a couple of hours in 1996 to make our replayed game. Very odd atmosphere, but quite a nice sunny day if I recall rightly.

Blackpool should forfeit it as a home game and replay it at Huddersfield, but with an option for the clubs to agree to take a point each from a pointless game to save the hassle.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Heard on Talksport that the fans were trying to break into the directors' area. I am surprised that Bellotti hasn't offered his consultancy services on how to escape invasions and grow a skin as thick as a rhinoceros.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here