Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Blackburn Rovers v Brighton & Hove Albion - Tuesday 01/4 @ 7:45pm - OFFICIAL ***

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Whilst I'm 100% behind whatever team he picks, the vast majority of us must agree on the following...

Stephens should be starting (unless there is a fitness issue)
The side has a real lack of width
OG has a real reluctance to drop certain players rather than pick players on performance

Football is a game of opinions, I just can't understand how OG must see things so differently to is every week when the players put on the shirt.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come on you super seagulls

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Lua Lua is AWFUL when he starts and March isnt experienced enough, simple as that.

Lingard, Ulloa and Dave 2 - all can play as strikers too, though Lingard and Dave will be supporting Ulloa, but it certainly adds a bit more attacking threat

Assume Stephens is still returning to fitness after his illness, can only be the logical reason why he hasnt started. Not a ball kicked yet and its almost as if we have already lost, Jesus wept.

Lua Lua was awful when he was the last player to score 2 at home in the league before HT v Wolves, awful when he & Vicente destroyed Derby, awful when he & Buckley tore Palace apart 3-0 & awful at Anfield when he was by far our best player on the day

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So who would you have in instead?

After the last three games....Tk, Calderon, Dunk, Upson, Ward, Ince, Stephens, March, Lualua, Lingard, Ulloa......4-4-2, it's all or nothing time. Time to gamble, what's the worst that could happen??? Lose like we have the last three, playing a system and players that clearly isn't working.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Whilst I'm 100% behind whatever team he picks, the vast majority of us must agree on the following...

Stephens should be starting (unless there is a fitness issue)
The side has a real lack of width
OG has a real reluctance to drop certain players rather than pick players on performance

Football is a game of opinions, I just can't understand how OG must see things so differently to is every week when the players put on the shirt.

Width is no use at Ewood.
We need to counter their midfield down the centre, and we can do that with Ince and Andrews.
We have genuine pace up front, and quality at the back.

Plus we can change things around quite a bit with options from the bench.

A decent line up for me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
After the last three games....Tk, Calderon, Dunk, Upson, Ward, Ince, Stephens, March, Lualua, Lingard, Ulloa......4-4-2, it's all or nothing time. Time to gamble, what's the worst that could happen??? Lose like we have the last three, playing a system and players that clearly isn't working.

we try to play like Spain
trouble is we don't or can't play like Spanish players

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
He's not. I can't see how he doesn't play instead of Andrews.

My Brother and Dad Are Charlton Fans and they had no concerns he had gone. There view is he has 1 good game followed by a number of bad games. Very inconsistent. He has proved this for us. 1 good game Bolton the rest tosh!!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

We don't and won't play 4-4-2.
We haven't brought in a ex-Barca man to resort to that old chestnut.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
****ing come on boys!!! I get a feeling tonight is going to be one of those very special nights as we get our season firmly back on track. Altogether now....

Here we go, here we go, here we go! !...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Get into em..!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
****ing come on boys!!! I get a feeling tonight is going to be one of those very special nights as we get our season firmly back on track. Altogether now....

Here we go, here we go, here we go! !...

great sentiments
but I just cannot get up for this
but heres hoping it all ends well
I really want to scream at a winner

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Lua Lua was awful when he was the last player to score 2 at home in the league before HT v Wolves, awful when he & Vicente destroyed Derby, awful when he & Buckley tore Palace apart 3-0 & awful at Anfield when he was by far our best player on the day

So that is 4 games in the last 2 seasons. He has started this season - he was poor. He has been on as a sub this season, at times he provides a massive impact and is brilliant at getting past tired defenders.

Oh, and if he starts, there is a higher chance he would get injured as he would play for longer, with Buckley out - we kind of do need to look after Kaz.

I do fancy Lua Lua to come on and get a winner though - showing how much better he is as an impact player.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Same old players getting rewarded for failure again then???....Someone should tell Garcia he can change a losing side. He's quick enough to do it when we win.

I have to agree when players play well he drops them and when they have a mare he keeps playing them. what are Andrews stats nearly 80% of games played we lose and less than 20% we win. Must say something. We had the same stats the other way round with Ince and he didn't play him. We have no Guarantee that Crofts would play if he was fit and it wouldn't surprise me if CMS didn't play this season even if he is fit scoring and raring to go. I am still behind OG but to be fair he really seems to make some odd selections recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here