Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Manager - reports that he has been sacked

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Like any sane footballer, he's probably wondering why the hell he even considered signing for Blackburn Rovers in the first place. So, so wrong for so many footballing and non-footballing reasons alike.

He went there because Blackburn offered a ludicrous fee and likely monstrous wages.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The news of Berg getting the boot isn't quite so surprising: 1: Because Rovers have been in freefall ever since he took over from Steve Kean

they where hardly soaring under Kean. clearly shambolic club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am sure Blackburn owners the Venky's looked on the club as a cash cow and status symbol, thinking the club would bounce straight back up just because they were a Premiership team, with a Premiership following and had the right to do just that. Which is clearly not the case Blackburn had crowds of 5-8,000 before Jack Walker pumped money into them. The Venky`s have no idea about English football other than Sky sports coverage of the Premiership.

Horrible club, Fans and Town.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hows that ?

They were comfortable mid-table in the Premier League under Allardyce when the Venkeys took over. They promptly sacked him and installed the disaster that was Steve Kean, relegation ensues the following season but they stick with him until finally the results become untenable, so they bring in Berg and give him a grand total of 10 games to turn it round, before binning him as well.

I didn't see Blackburn fans asking for any of that.

They demanded Kean go. They put so much pressure on Kean he eventually quit. If they'd have got behind him, they very well could still be top.

How exactly had this seasons results been untenable for them? Kean led them to the top of the division, and they lost only twice. (The second defeat being his last game, where he left them in second spot). Their results this season went down hill after he left.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Hows that ?

They were comfortable mid-table in the Premier League under Allardyce when the Venkeys took over. They promptly sacked him and installed the disaster that was Steve Kean, relegation ensues the following season but they stick with him until finally the results become untenable, so they bring in Berg and give him a grand total of 10 games to turn it round, before binning him as well.

I didn't see Blackburn fans asking for any of that.

This. Clueless owners have ruined that club.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Football chairmen now ask prospective managers to guarantee they will win a minimum of ninety per cent of games as part of the selection process

It's there in their contracts, and if they don't deliver, it's the highway

It is only a business, like any other, after all

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Henning Berg had a shocking fixture list for his first 10 games. Of the 7 teams below them now he only played 2 and collected 4 points from those matches. It was a strange appointment in the first place but a ridiculous sacking.

And maybe Jordan Rhodes should fire his agent?

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
There was a lot of activity going on with the board on Friday and Saturday and they were taking initial steps to sack him then. Apparently the last thing they wanted, when the managers role was in doubt, was to then play us so they took steps to get the game called off (putting the sprinklers on all night).

All the fans we spoke to up there said Rovers haven't postponed a game for 16 years, even when there was large amounts of snow, so looks like we were just an inconvenience.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They demanded Kean go. They put so much pressure on Kean he eventually quit. If they'd have got behind him, they very well could still be top.

How exactly had this seasons results been untenable for them? Kean led them to the top of the division, and they lost only twice. (The second defeat being his last game, where he left them in second spot). Their results this season went down hill after he left.

Yes, they demanded Kean go, and can you blame them ? He was a member of the backroom staff and had no managerial experience whatsoever. Its only the fact that Allardyce had already put enough points on the board when they sacked him that Blackburn didn't go down the season Kean took over. The following year, predictably, he took them down.

Add in the Myles Anderson signing by Kean on a two year deal - Myles Anderson is the son of agent Jerome Anderson, the same Jerome Anderson who brokered the deal when the Venkys took over the club. Nothing iffy there then ? Myles Anderson, by the age of 20, had made one singular appearance for Aberdeen, and had a loan spell at Orient. So just the kind of signing a Premier League club would be after (since signing in the summer of 2011 he has made 0 appearances for Rovers, and was farmed out to Aldershot on loan).

The Rovers fans had Kean pegged as Venkys stooge right from the start - someone who wouldn't make any waves when players were sold from under him, someone who would put up with their circus of a club they were turning it into. I have them dead right on that.

And you think they should have got behind him ?? If that had happened at the Albion, I would be going disco mental at the owners and the manager they installed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What next - Venkys to sell Jordan Rhodes and Nuno Gomes and put in £3million bids for Ron Benson of Plymouth Argyle and Tony Hedges from York City?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, they demanded Kean go, and can you blame them ? He was a member of the backroom staff and had no managerial experience whatsoever. Its only the fact that Allardyce had already put enough points on the board when they sacked him that Blackburn didn't go down the season Kean took over. The following year, predictably, he took them down.

Add in the Myles Anderson signing by Kean on a two year deal - Myles Anderson is the son of agent Jerome Anderson, the same Jerome Anderson who brokered the deal when the Venkys took over the club. Nothing iffy there then ? Myles Anderson, by the age of 20, had made one singular appearance for Aberdeen, and had a loan spell at Orient. So just the kind of signing a Premier League club would be after (since signing in the summer of 2011 he has made 0 appearances for Rovers, and was farmed out to Aldershot on loan).

The Rovers fans had Kean pegged as Venkys stooge right from the start - someone who wouldn't make any waves when players were sold from under him, someone who would put up with their circus of a club they were turning it into. I have them dead right on that.

And you think they should have got behind him ?? If that had happened at the Albion, I would be going disco mental at the owners and the manager they installed.

a) I didn't say I thought they should get behind him. I highlighted that not getting behind him led to him leaving and after he left they had a drop in form and wondered what would have been if they had got behind him. As a brighton fan I want ever other team that might be competition to struggle so that we enjoy success., so I would love them to keep getting on their manager's backs, and creating an unpleasant environment for their players, because they are a team that probably should be vying for promotion this season. (And, I agree, as long as Venky's are in charge, the fans will have genuine cause to protest)

b)That's a different argument. I wasn't aware of, or at least if I was I didn't remember, that transfer, but you said his results had made his position untenable. His results this season were good, and they were looking good for promotion. Their current standing in the league is a result of a drop of form that at least coincides, if not caused by him leaving due to fan pressure. All of that is a very good reason to be concerned.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here