Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Manager - reports that he has been sacked

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So which other manager will fancy a 10 game probationary period at Blackburn or Forest?

kateean2

Nov 13, 2012
Further evidence the world as we knew it is changing.
als.jpg

man.jpg

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
"The World of Football has gone mad" What Dion Dublin quoted on FiveLive yesterday after the news broke that O'Driscoll had been fired. It has certainly gone made at some clubs. Many rich foreign owners from the Middle & Far East see owning a UK Football Club as some kind of essential, must have trophy status. When it comes to what is required for the everyday running & stability & to make a football club successful in the long term, they just don't 'get it'. Many expect instant success to follow a spell of big money being thrown about. As we all know, it doesn't always, or indeed usually, work out like that.

The news of Berg getting the boot isn't quite so surprising: 1: Because Rovers have been in freefall ever since he took over from Steve Kean and 2: Rovers are a badly run club that has resembled a Madhouse for a long time. Therefore, this latest sacking should not really have come as a total shock.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You have to feel for the fans but then again Blackburn's fans brought that on themselves.

Hows that ?

They were comfortable mid-table in the Premier League under Allardyce when the Venkeys took over. They promptly sacked him and installed the disaster that was Steve Kean, relegation ensues the following season but they stick with him until finally the results become untenable, so they bring in Berg and give him a grand total of 10 games to turn it round, before binning him as well.

I didn't see Blackburn fans asking for any of that.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I wonder what Jordan Rhodes must make of it all.

Like any sane footballer, he's probably wondering why the hell he even considered signing for Blackburn Rovers in the first place. So, so wrong for so many footballing and non-footballing reasons alike.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What I find funny is how agressively their fans hounded out Kean for doing a horrid job, only to get a worse manager in!

I don't think either were massively fairly treated either by the fans or the club. In the other hand both did a shit job and were fired. Not a massive shock at a club where expectations are so high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here