[News] Black Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
With my daughter Amy, watched the 13th on Netflix last night, at the end of it sadly it was apparent that the US will never solve its racial issues, and there will be another 'George Floyd' within a decade, and another after that...……

Obviously Amy, is a child of the 1990's and from a different generation, but she feels that anyone of my age group who openly laughed at the likes of Jim Davidson and Bernard Manning are ostensibly racist.

I enjoyed the work of both comedians, but it was just comedy, Manning mocked everyone, including himself, I don't consider myself racist because of that fact, I have a number of Black and Asian friends and have done for many years.

Manning himself lived next door to an Asian GP, who delivered one of the eulogies at his funeral service.

There has to be a line between reality and comedy surely?

And before we get the Mrs Merton incident rolled out again, he stated that he was winding her up right from the outset.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me much these days. Shocking, yep, but not surprising.

[tweet]1268178437530927104[/tweet]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I posted a link from Karl Henry a black footballer. I've never heard of Jack Dawkins, nor do I support the EDL in any way.

Once again, I agree with Karl Henry, who it seems had the same point highlighted to him that you have done here...

"Apparently the post I retweeted and commented on was from a supporter of Tommy Robinson.

Although I didn’t realise this at the time, it doesn’t change my view on the content of the video so won’t be deleting my post.

For the record, I think Tommy Robinson is racist scum too."

[tweet]1268301621202694144[/tweet]

Aye and Karl Henry then got panned for commenting on Robinson

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me much these days. Shocking, yep, but not surprising.

[tweet]1268178437530927104[/tweet]

To my mind, that's an open and shut case, threatening and abusive behaviour, get him nicked, name and shame him and fine him heavily. He wont do it again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think you are missing the point, I doubt Karl Henry knew he was tweeting an EDL thread, but this is how these organisations work and spread their agenda. By posting the thread you are spreading EDL propaganda, all be it unintentionally.

I, and I suspect the vast majority of others, wouldn't have even known until you pointed it out. It was just another video online.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
With my daughter Amy, watched the 13th on Netflix last night, at the end of it sadly it was apparent that the US will never solve its racial issues, and there will be another 'George Floyd' within a decade, and another after that...……

Obviously Amy, is a child of the 1990's and from a different generation, but she feels that anyone of my age group who openly laughed at the likes of Jim Davidson and Bernard Manning are ostensibly racist.

I enjoyed the work of both comedians, but it was just comedy, Manning mocked everyone, including himself, I don't consider myself racist because of that fact, I have a number of Black and Asian friends and have done for many years.

Manning himself lived next door to an Asian GP, who delivered one of the eulogies at his funeral service.

There has to be a line between reality and comedy surely?

And before we get the Mrs Merton incident rolled out again, he stated that he was winding her up right from the outset.

Have you got shares in Pringles or something?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Jack Dawkins is a prominent member of EDL, and the video has a whole EDL thread attached. So by posting it NSC is a platform for EDL. I do not think that that is acceptable, but if you’re OK with it, so be it.

But as said, there are plenty of other feeds of the same actions, but you carry deflecting justified criticism by getting oh so faux offended.

Mwah! Darling, Mwah! :flounce::flounce::flounce:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
[MENTION=5050]CliveWalkerWingWizard[/MENTION] is right. Organisations like the EDL grow and spread their message by posting ostensibly "common sense" content amidst the more openly extreme stuff. Watching the inoffensive videos means the other bits will get more widely circulated, drawing more people into their web.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
But as said, there are plenty of other feeds of the same actions, but you carry deflecting justified criticism by getting oh so faux offended.

Mwah! Darling, Mwah! :flounce::flounce::flounce:

Not the first though, Nibble had a minor meltdown yesterday [emoji23]

a278fc5dd6947f4847b87c0a77970012.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not the first though, Nibble had a minor meltdown yesterday [emoji23]

a278fc5dd6947f4847b87c0a77970012.jpg

I've no idea...

- Where that post is
- What it relates to
- Who it relates to

I'll add that I can't recall that poster reporting any posts for some considerable time, if at all, which is the correct course of action for posts that require moderating attention.

I'll also add that I am equally told NSC's userbase is overtly right-wing and overtly left-wing in what I would guess is pretty equal measure. I can only conclude that people generally notice posts that don't align with their own political persuasions and beliefs.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've no idea...

- Where that post is
- What it relates to
- Who it relates to

I'll add that I can't recall that poster reporting any posts for some considerable time, if at all, which is the correct course of action for posts that require moderating attention.

I'll also add that I am equally told NSC's userbase is overtly right-wing and overtly left-wing in what I would guess is pretty equal measure. I can only conclude that people generally notice posts that don't align with their own political persuasions and beliefs.

It’s post #129 on this very thread, as to what it relates , who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here