[News] Black Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The scenes from London tonight are a total disgrace, mindless thugs who aren’t protesting they are just looking for a fight, the video of a big group of people of all races mobbing unarmed plod is truly disgusting:

And the worst thing is, BAME are more vulnerable to this virus and with the little social distancing seen someone could take the virus home and infect an even more vulnerable parent or grandparent.

Very telling to watch footage from protests across both USA and Europe. Aussie TV reporters talked to demonstrators from half a dozen cities around the US, people stopped to talk to them and explain why they were there and how angry they felt. In some case there was vandalism and looting going on around these interviews, but at no time did the crowd turn on the press.

In Paris there are reports of violence against Aussie TV crews. I have just watched another reporter and cameraman in London being chased and assaulted repeatedly even as Police tried to intervene. The attackers were almost exclusively young black males who, in my view, had no interest in peaceful demonstration or BLM issues, they were just there for the buzz and violence against anyone they so chose.

It was not a majority of those on the demonstration, but there is no doubt a sizeable minority using this as an opportunity for criminal activities.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I think I found your points so difficult to comprehend because why would you or anyone expect all black Americans to be behind BLM? Some will be solidly behind Trump still. Some will be going out looting and taking advantage and perpetrating criminal acts and murdering other black people. You're saying the actions of all black people need to be consistent and lawful for you to give a shit. Wow, consider me now enlightened to your way of looking at things. I have to have a laugh that you needed to go to 1.01, because frankly it really is so absurd I had no chance of figuring it out. At least you're honest and out there with it.

You find it difficult because you can’t or won’t digest a different view on this issue.

No one deserves to be brutally killed by the Police in the circumstances connected to George Floyd. That is a fact. If we are to accept the rule of law, the policeman will be tried and punished.

On the other side of that point, levelling parts of US cities and destroying thousands of businesses and the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of Americans won’t solve anything. One does not excuse the other.

Putting the brutal death of George Floyd up in floodlights whilst completely ignoring the thousands of other black men in America are also being brutally murdered by other black men won’t solve anything either. One does not excuse the other.

Prejudice and ignorance are 2 cheeks of the same arse, it matters not if that arse is black or white.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s quite unbelievable that more fuss isn’t being made about some of the scenes in London tonight, historical monuments being vandalised, streets trashed, police being assaulted by mindless thug, social distancing blatantly being ignored with thousands of people in close proximity to each other and in turn risking everyone around them catching COVID - it’s an insult to this mans memory to see people doing this, absolutely shameful.

I feel sorry for our police, imagine being sent out to the streets of London to a ‘peaceful protest’ against a baying mob with only a baton to protect yourself, something must be done now before this escalates like in other cities.

Totally disgusting ..thats not protesting thats just plain violence

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
[tweet]1268265024587534343[/tweet]

Anyone know anymore about this? I've tried to find out some more info but can't see anything

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Anyone know anymore about this? I've tried to find out some more info but can't see anything

I find that whole incident totally disheartening..people too busy filming to ring 999...the white guy at the end patting the black guy almost in a ‘’well done’’ way...goodness knows what provoked him to act in that way..i assume the white guy had done something beforehand ....but that last shot was unforgivable

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I find that whole incident totally disheartening..people too busy filming to ring 999...the white guy at the end patting the black guy almost in a ‘’well done’’ way...goodness knows what provoked him to act in that way..i assume the white guy had done something beforehand ....but that last shot was unforgivable

That was horrible. I do hope it wasn't racially motivated.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I agree sickening to watch. People get their phones out before thinking of acting.

Not sure if there's prior provocation (there surely must have been) but for those around to continue to watch as this man is beaten beggars belief.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I wish the BLM message would be taken seriously by the Government of Zimbabwe

View attachment 124430

It seems "whataboutery" is a new favourite word on here. Those using it should really look it up an see what it means. There was no "what about" what's happening in Zimbabwe, in my comment, I simply said that the BLM message, now that it's going international, should be listened to and heeded, by the Zimbabwe Government.

Your post pictures the catalytic event for the protests we are seeing and puts it against an image of an incident in Zimbabwe, what was the comparison for if it was not to say "whatabout police brutality in Zimbabwe"?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still going on this evening...

[tweet]1268289783295553538[/tweet]

Pity the tweet is from someone Pro Trump ...calls himself centre right...looking at his tweets more like he couldn’t be further right if he tried....blaming lefties? Looked like mindless hooliganism to me

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Jeez...

[tweet]1268291547533107200[/tweet]

What do you reckon ...16/18 year olds on bikes? All masked up so they cant be identified ... Police try anything on them and they get accused for police brutality ..mace would have been handy or a taser

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
What no-one seems to have realised is that the demonstrations, looting etc will so frighten middle class American voters that Trump will get their votes in November. All that he has to do is act or appear to act tough...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pity the tweet is from someone Pro Trump ...calls himself centre right...looking at his tweets more like he couldn’t be further right if he tried....blaming lefties? Looked like mindless hooliganism to me

I hadn't even noticed that.

I searched twitter for Downing Street, selected videos and that one came up. It's now been tweeted by numerous others, left and right. I'm not sure the tweeter, his comment nor his background have much to do with anything.

Nor does it have much to do with the Black Lives Matter movement either, as you suggest.

I'm just glad that having to deal with this shit isn't my responsibility, and thankful that there are those brave enough to do so.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You find it difficult because you can’t or won’t digest a different view on this issue.

No one deserves to be brutally killed by the Police in the circumstances connected to George Floyd. That is a fact. If we are to accept the rule of law, the policeman will be tried and punished.

On the other side of that point, levelling parts of US cities and destroying thousands of businesses and the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of Americans won’t solve anything. One does not excuse the other.

Putting the brutal death of George Floyd up in floodlights whilst completely ignoring the thousands of other black men in America are also being brutally murdered by other black men won’t solve anything either. One does not excuse the other.

Prejudice and ignorance are 2 cheeks of the same arse, it matters not if that arse is black or white.

Presumably one is committed by murderers and the other is by police officers. If you are still desperate to conflate these two then you are right, I cannot digest your viewpoint. It’s as closed as a clam at low tide. Of course one doesn’t excuse the other because they are profoundly different.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hadn't even noticed that.

I searched twitter for Downing Street, selected videos and that one came up. It's now been tweeted by numerous others, left and right. I'm not sure the tweeter, his comment nor his background have much to do with anything.

Nor does it have much to do with the Black Lives Matter movement either, as you suggest.

I'm just glad that having to deal with this shit isn't my responsibility, and thankful that there are those brave enough to do so.

He’s asked for it to be retweeted ..because apparently his periscope feed is continually being disrupted

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Jeez...

[tweet]1268291547533107200[/tweet]

The police have quite enough riot gear in London. They decided to take a more hands off approach than usual (expected) but it's left a few of their numbers exposed as we can see above.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s just horrendous to watch, mob mentality and mindless thugs are a truly dangerous mix. It sickens me that police forces all over the world are now being vilified for the actions of a police actions in a totally different country.

Get the super soakers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here