Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Black Friday - what are you hoping to get for an absolute bargain

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have held off buying a Karcher 5 Compact for a month now…gonna be annoyed if I can’t get a bargain one

Anyone else waiting, hoping for a bargain, do tell….

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118-170819_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118-170819_Chrome.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 42

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
‘Black Friday’ is a con.
I got a heap of Alfa car related stuff last year, most of it at nearly half the price it normally sells for. Prices went up after a week and have stayed up since.

So, from my perspective I don’t agree.

Also got a quality dash cam for a big discount a few years ago.

This thread is going very well so far!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Looking for a deal on a Nintendo Switch OLED but haven’t found any actual deals yet

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I got a heap of Alfa car related stuff last year, most of it at nearly half the price it normally sells for. Prices went up after a week and have stayed up since.

So, from my perspective I don’t agree.

Also got a quality dash cam for a big discount a few years ago.

This thread is going very well so far!
Quantify half the price it normally sell for though? I’m sure they do Boxing Day sales, bank holiday sales etc

It was proven last year in a study that over 90% of Black Friday ‘deals’ are available at a lower price at some point in the rest of the year, it started off as genuine deals in the US to get rid of stock and has ended up as a clever sales ploy at a time of year when people are gearing up for Christmas.

With overhead costs so high this year I can’t see Black Friday being anything other than a con once again but I wish you luck (y)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Quantify half the price it normally sell for though? I’m sure they do Boxing Day sales, bank holiday sales etc

It was proven last year in a study that over 90% of Black Friday ‘deals’ are available at a lower price at some point in the rest of the year, it started off as genuine deals in the US to get rid of stock and has ended up as a clever sales ploy at a time of year when people are gearing up for Christmas.

With overhead costs so high this year I can’t see Black Friday being anything other than a con once again but I wish you luck (y)
Mopar (genuine Alfa accessories) do not do other sales that I have ever seen :shrug:

I have had a good experience on the few items I have wanted to buy. If I don’t get the Karcher at a cheaper rate I’ll just pay the current discounted rate I can find. No big deal, just having waited a month I’d like to find it was worthwhile.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
I have just bought a 12" Honor Pad 8 tablet for £229.99 with a free cover from the Honor website. A saving of £40.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Boots are doing some very good offers on Lynx gift sets at half price (£16 reduced to £8). Three deodorants, three shower gels and a washer that doesn't catch moles or hernias.

They seem to be the only place in  actual retail shops. Good on them for selling Christmas bargains.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I have held off buying a Karcher 5 Compact for a month now…gonna be annoyed if I can’t get a bargain one

Anyone else waiting, hoping for a bargain, do tell….
You might as well take my pressure washer - no sign of our hosepipe ban be lifted.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A striker and new bendy busses

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I just picked up some Sony WF-1000XM4, $400 down to $250. Couldn't resist, needed a new pair of wireless earbuds since I left my last pair inside my car during Vancouver's 2021 heatwave, it reached 47 degrees Celsius in the city.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Looking for a deal on a Nintendo Switch OLED but haven’t found any actual deals yet
Keep checking HotUKDeals and use top cashback plus a cashback credit card wherever possible.

I got a Switch OLED about six months ago, the screen is beautiful. The consoles themselves don’t discount - Nintendo is holding firm, but most deals are console + 1 first party game or two third party games for RRP or just below.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

The figure I saw was 98%. And within the next 6 months. Black Friday is a monumental con.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So why can’t we have a white Friday ?

You can’t because it would offend the Jews,,,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here