Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Black Country Living Museum

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Oooh, not that far from me [Wellington] - not everyone's cup of tea but Pitchford Hall might kill a few hours

SVR is £25 per head for a day ticket and, again, not everyone's cup of tea, but stopping off at Bewdley is recommended - museum and pub grub very local to the SVR station.

Do you know of a Terry, Brighton fan, in Shifnal??

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
simple question, is it any good, what’s it like?

I’ve tried to give it a fair go, as they get played a LOT on BBC 6 Music, but I just can’t get on with them.

It’s all a bit wilfully ‘aren’t we clever for being so discordant and artistic’ for me. Though I believe the second album is a bit more accessible, apparently.

Remind me of another band back in the day called Moonshake, that I also tried several times to give a chance, but couldn’t warm to at all.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well, we had our break away in Shropshire, and a thoroughly good time was had by all.

Really liked the Black Country Living Museum, and would probably like to go back in a couple of years, as they ae doing a lot of work on the site at present.

We did sample the fish and chips, as suggested, but my wife was a little disappointed she couldn't get a battered sausage (oh er Missus), and didn't quite get that wouldn't have been authentic!

We had some good days out walking too, visiting Much Wenlock (great name), Attingham Hall, with a lovely stroll through the deer park and of course the almost compulsory visit to Ironbrige. We also popped through to Carding Mill Valley, but didn't brave the Long Mynd, as we thought it too difficult with a disabled buggy!

Thanks for all the previou suggestions, I really do think it's a part of the country we will be re-visiting!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Splendid!

I moved here from Sussex [with work] 21 years ago and I've found many similarities with Sussex but in general its more rural and less densely populated.
Major difference obviously is the lack of seaside ....
#loveitnow

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
Well, we had our break away in Shropshire, and a thoroughly good time was had by all.

Really liked the Black Country Living Museum, and would probably like to go back in a couple of years, as they ae doing a lot of work on the site at present.

We did sample the fish and chips, as suggested, but my wife was a little disappointed she couldn't get a battered sausage (oh er Missus), and didn't quite get that wouldn't have been authentic!

We had some good days out walking too, visiting Much Wenlock (great name), Attingham Hall, with a lovely stroll through the deer park and of course the almost compulsory visit to Ironbrige. We also popped through to Carding Mill Valley, but didn't brave the Long Mynd, as we thought it too difficult with a disabled buggy!

Thanks for all the previou suggestions, I really do think it's a part of the country we will be re-visiting!

Glad you enjoyed the Black Country Museum. We went on the way back from the Wolves away game as we stayed up there for a few days. I definitely think Beamish is better, but this will probably catch up in a couple of year when all the building work has finished,

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex

Glad you enjoyed the Black Country Museum. We went on the way back from the Wolves away game as we stayed up there for a few days. I definitely think Beamish is better, but this will probably catch up in a couple of year when all the building work has finished,

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Bit of a long shot, but I know what a geographically diverse membership we have on these boards.

The simple question, is it any good, what’s it like?

Over the years I have visited Beamish several times (ex wife was a Geordie) and pre Covid visited Blists Hill Victorian Town and enjoyed both. I love the looking back at how we used to live, in the days before the modern luxuries we so take for granted.

We are going to Shropshire at the end of May and wondered if this was worth giving a go.

Any opinions?

Mrs D7 went just before Covid and says it was brilliant - were going late summer. Lots of Peaky Blinders scenes were done there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here