Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit of perspective for the moaners

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Pack it in, a couple of years ago the club were still recovering from the loss of the goldstone. Now Brighton are back, get the biggest gates by some distance in the division and with that comes expectation. Expectation is not moaning. The players have to deliver or they have got to go. Just ask Tony.

And when expectation isn't being met, is it the result of the club underperforming or individuals with unrealistic expectations or a bit of both?

When did the club say we will walk this division, when did they say we won't have a bad run at some stage, etc....?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The bit of perspective drivel just does not wash. You either make progress or fall backwards. That is the same whether it's a football team, an F1 team or a sweet factory. We have been a bloody shambles for weeks now and Poyet has no clue what to do about it. He either welcomes fresh ideas and faces on the training side of things or fucks off being stuck doing the same thing week in week out

We had a bad run last season and he turned things around given time, why not give him time again and wait before jumping to conclusions that we are already doomed? (thats how it seems if you listen to the moaners)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Before tonights game we were only two points off the Leaders! We are currently in freefall however you dress it up.

And if we win our next match, then i suppose we are going to be unstoppable for the rest of the season, win every game and win the title?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I love the fact that people come on here and want everyone happy because we have had a great few years. It's a forum and we are here to express our opinion and tonight we were not good at all. How long will people be mentioning the "cold shitty nights at the Withdean." The club has moved on, so we should be expecting more.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We had a bad run last season and he turned things around given time, why not give him time again and wait before jumping to conclusions that we are already doomed? (thats how it seems if you listen to the moaners)

It's not about moaning i can tell you that. The problems in attack are blatantly obvious but because we have not much more than an amarda of midfielders we are suffering. He didn't really turn around though did he. We recovered a bit, but finished really bloody poor as well. My point stands, we improve on the pitch and position as a whole or we go backwards. I would say at the moment, we have nothing to change or threaten with up front and everyone of us recognised that at the start of the summer. It is bloody poor not to change things around, and as i said in the match thread, Poyet pissed his pants about the 7 subs thing quoting no chance to put any up coming players on the bench, yet he puts 4 midfielders and two defenders on there this evening so why is Agdestein at least not getting a look in so he can at least change to two up front alonmg with Barnes and Dobbie in a supporting role. It is bloody ridiculous

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
And if we win our next match, then i suppose we are going to be unstoppable for the rest of the season, win every game and win the title?

I admire your optimism.

At this junction we are in free fall, Gus may halt the rot but he has pretty much used all his combinations, except for sick note Vicente who won't be on the bench for another month I guess.

Fingers crossed we scrape a narrow win at Blackpool. :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I admire your optimism.

At this junction we are in free fall, Gus may halt the rot but he has pretty much used all his combinations, except for sick note Vicente who won't be on the bench for another month I guess.

Fingers crossed we scrape a narrow win at Blackpool. :)

We've dropped one place in the league which isn't free fall.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
from 1st place to 9th in a matter of a few weeks is though

This division is so tight that will happen. We're still in touch with the playoffs.

As I said elsewhere, nobody likes losing but the exaggerations and hyperbole from some posters is ridiculous. This thread is about getting some perspective.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club has moved on, so we should be expecting more.

"Leeds United Syndrome" is very difficult to cure once infected , we can all expect more but sometimes it all goes tits up and you have to re-evaluate.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
from 1st place to 9th in a matter of a few weeks is though

I didn't realise that the whole season was decided on those few weeks rather than the 46 matches each team plays.

Where were Reading before their run to the title?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
This division is so tight that will happen. We're still in touch with the playoffs.

As I said elsewhere, nobody likes losing but the exaggerations and hyperbole from some posters is ridiculous. This thread is about getting some perspective.

That's twice you have use that word in a few days with no real reason to suppert it. Use it in context or not at all

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Okay. It's over reaction then however if you cannot spot the problems we have going forward then you wallow in blind faith as much as Poyet does. I am not standing in a Poyet out camp, i just want him to have the ability to mix things up which, by the way, he has not done in 3 seasons and slowly we are becoming more and more predictable hence why teams now read us like a book at this level

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
watsongoal

Yes we were playing Yeovil and I was there - but we can;t live in the f******
past for the rest of all time. We expect better now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
oh one letter to hang on to. Every one of your replies are hyperbole personified.

You don't know what hyperbole means do you? I used exaggeration and hyperbole when the definition is exactly the same for both words, so they were used in context.

hyperbole
A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect; an
extravagant statement.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The bit of perspective drivel just does not wash. You either make progress or fall backwards. That is the same whether it's a football team, an F1 team or a sweet factory. We have been a bloody shambles for weeks now and Poyet has no clue what to do about it. He either welcomes fresh ideas and faces on the training side of things or fucks off being stuck doing the same thing week in week out

We have not been a shambles... failing to score does not make a team a shambles....

This was when we were a shambles
BBC Sport - West Ham 6-0 Brighton

Wayne Bridge - Bruno Saltor - Tomas Kuszczak signed.
Problem Solved.

Next task - get a striker.

Five year plan - we are ahead of schedule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here