Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Birmingham Sack Rooney (02/01/2024)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
'Wazza' not having a great time of it at the moment. One win in the eight games he's been in charge and currently 1-0 to Coventry...

Decent game. Cov a bit like us under Potter - all the possession and nice play, but not clinical. They've also got a great Japanese winger!
"We have to be better defending in the box. We're conceding too many goals.

"We had two players marking one man in the area. We can't keep doing that.

"And we were snatching at shots from 20-25 yards, when all the work we have been doing is about probing and trying to to get in the box.

"Also our set-piece delivery wasn't good enough."

'But apart from that Wayne....'

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
In previous times, the new owners would have got the cheque book out but I understand that under FFP restraints (don’t forget they had a recent points deduction too) that won’t be possible until the summer. A lot has been spent on undoing 10+ years of neglect on the stadium and also on the new training ground (the one vacated by Wasps) but they can’t spend it on players until the summer.

I think most Blues fans would bite your hand off for 4th from bottom right now.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They may feel a name like Wozza might attract more players than a successful manager and team in or around the playoffs come the summer. He’s possibly someone players (can’t really prefix with ‘young’) watched growing up. That seems mental though and shirley you wouldn’t be attracting the RIGHT kind of player if that’s either side’s thinking? Struggling to concoct any other theory about why they’d have done it though! Make a name for themselves in the States where Rooney’s known?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They looked like the CL equivalent of Luton in the EPL tonight. Plucky but shite. Fat Wayne, clueless.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Every time I see Wayne these days I think “He’s let himself go a bit”.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Every time I see Wayne these days I think “He’s let himself go a bit”.
Same age as Ronaldo.

This time last year Ronaldo was playing at the World Cup finals, whilst Rooney has been a washed-up mess for years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They may feel a name like Wozza might attract more players than a successful manager and team in or around the playoffs come the summer. He’s possibly someone players (can’t really prefix with ‘young’) watched growing up. That seems mental though and shirley you wouldn’t be attracting the RIGHT kind of player if that’s either side’s thinking? Struggling to concoct any other theory about why they’d have done it though! Make a name for themselves in the States where Rooney’s known?
Guess the got seduced by the name…..it can’t have been his managerial career.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit like Chelsea bringing in a 'big name' like Poch (who is doing exactly the same as Potter would have done - trying to get rid of the dead-wood and mould the rest into some sort of team). Just that Boehly lost his nerve.
Birmingham city supporters are still in disbelief that Eustace was sacked and clown Rooney was bought in. Talking to someone tonight and he says they'll have to stick with him. And with Villa doing what they're doing the blues fans are really suffering🤣🤣
Birmingham City supporters a bit more savvy than the entitled Chelsea twunts perhaps?
Chelsea twunts - 'Hurrah, we've got a world famous manager in instead of a no-mark from (@Teamslike) Brighton'.
Bluenoses - 'Why have we sacked a decent manager to get a famous twunt in instead?'
St. Andrews is one of the most hostile grounds I've visited - but even so I'd back the blue-noses over the Chelsea twunts any day!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bit like Chelsea bringing in a 'big name' like Poch (who is doing exactly the same as Potter would have done - trying to get rid of the dead-wood and mould the rest into some sort of team). Just that Boehly lost his nerve.

Birmingham City supporters a bit more savvy than the entitled Chelsea twunts perhaps?
Chelsea twunts - 'Hurrah, we've got a world famous manager in instead of a no-mark from (@Teamslike) Brighton'.
Bluenoses - 'Why have we sacked a decent manager to get a famous twunt in instead?'
St. Andrews is one of the most hostile grounds I've visited - but even so I'd back the blue-noses over the Chelsea twunts any day!
One of my most visited grounds. Birmingham always used to be the perfect distance for an away match. Home by half past eight. I've always known folk from there so I enjoyed the trips.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One of my most visited grounds. Birmingham always used to be the perfect distance for an away match. Home by half past eight. I've always known folk from there so I enjoyed the trips.
Distance for you maybe. But when do I need to sit on my hands, or clap politely when they score? Apart from Bristol (either club) St. Andrews is the scariest I've visited.......and as somebody who hasn't got a smart phone to book tickets, isn't a 'member' of anything, but just someone who turns up on match days and politely asks if there spare seats somewhere, I have developed a very sensitive nose whether to engage and discuss, or to just sit on my hands.

St. Andrews? Defo a sit on the hands job!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Distance for you maybe. But when do I need to sit on my hands, or clap politely when they score? Apart from Bristol (either club) St. Andrews is the scariest I've visited.......and as somebody who hasn't got a smart phone to book tickets, isn't a 'member' of anything, but just someone who turns up on match days and politely asks if there spare seats somewhere, I have developed a very sensitive nose whether to engage and discuss, or to just sit on my hands.

I’ve been there a fair bit, mainly with Blues fans. I would agree with your assessment!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I have a tendency to go in with the home fans at away grounds. My last two trips to Millwall being an example. Late decisions so went in with the 'Wall. It meant I didn't get herded at the end and just walked to New Cross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here