Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bin strike in Adur and Worthing?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No. Because I understand that these services have to be paid for.

I understand these services have to be paid for ..but it’s how much that will count ..along with the cost of everything else …I’d love the increase to my income that’s being offered

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When. I lived in Hove. I always used the Adur tip on Brighton Road, so yeah, feel free!

That won’t happen now, need to pre-book a tip trip and prove residency in West Sussex

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My UK driving licence has a Worthing address, will that do? Wouldn’t want to waste petrol these days.

I'd take a utility bill along if I were you, just in case. I've left an old water bill in my glovebox for a while now for this purpose. There's no accounting for some of the hi-viz jobsworth pricks you can encounter at the gate.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would hope the logical thing to do would be for the Council to at least temporarily scrap that system so at least there’s the option of taking it direct to the tip .

Hopefully not - this system is way better than queueing for 30mins to get in. Currently loads of availability for next 2 weeks any way

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully not - this system is way better than queueing for 30mins to get in. Currently loads of availability for next 2 weeks any way

Is the right answer, much better the pre-book system

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
What happens on Monday might depend on which Union has the most members. UNISON has accepted the Council offer and the GMB hasn't.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
They aren't picking up sh1t with a shovel. Most of them are wheeling bins with lids containing sealed bags or recycling to hook up to a lorry.

If only they could seal the maggots!

Edit

After reading the Adur & Worthing council notice on their website i think the new offer is decent. And accept maggots are part of the job :D

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well….they are all having a chat now ..including the GMB…but unfortunately the strike will continue in the meantime …it’s all getting a bit smelly around the bins

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Thankfully I don't live in Worthing anymore so don't have to deal with these knobheads going on strike, but when the Brighton knobheads went on strike it was a pain in the arse.
No sympathy whatsoever, they know the job they're being paid to do and they get paid pretty well so shut up and get on with it. If you don't like it, find something else. Plenty of other jobs out there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now turning into a 4 week strike. Most dog shit bins are overflowing with people leaving them on top / around. Plenty of bags being left out and torn to bits by seagulls and foxes. Looks like the tip is fully booked up.

And I've just realised that their 'return' to work date coincides with the 4 day weeks at Easter.... nice

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I booked the tip on Saturday, my weekly treat . . . a car load of cardboard wood and our domestic rubbish, the bin and recycling both full, as is green bin.

I presume we'll all get a council tax rebate. ;-)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Now turning into a 4 week strike. Most dog shit bins are overflowing with people leaving them on top / around. Plenty of bags being left out and torn to bits by seagulls and foxes. Looks like the tip is fully booked up.

And I've just realised that their 'return' to work date coincides with the 4 day weeks at Easter.... nice

…my normal collection date would have been a Friday …so will move onto the following week….so make that five weeks.

Still I’ve some work in Hove this coming week…I can dump the household in their street bins :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here