Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter seen in Brighton

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I am sure that I read that he had a torn abductor muscle whatever that is and apparently did it in Portugal and carried on not realising and made it worse.

I had this when I was about 35, and every time I tried to start playing football again, after about 3 games it would go again. I ended up having to stop playing. I still can't do a full situps. Plus any thoughts I may ever had of doing yoga went out the window, as I can't sit in the lotus position for more than about 10 secs.

However, this was 25 years ago and I certainly didn't have the physio etc Hoskins will be having.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
There must be better strikers than Billy 'Barndoor' Paynter out there! I really cannot get excited about Paynter, his games to goals ratio is shocking. I suspect Mark McCammon stats are better than Paynter's?!

Why is Gus not looking at other strikers?
- Simon Cox - Forest were linked with him when McClaren was throwing his toys out the pram.
- Jason Scotland - What happened to him? Did he get picked up in the transfer window?
- Richardo Fuller - Mentioned on another thread on here. He's not going to get many games at Stoke this season.
- James Beattie - Mentioned again on another thread on here. Again, did a Club pick him up?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f*** off with this f***ing website for f*** sake. f***.

It's bad enough that it exists and that people look at it. Some RETARDS seem to think some of it MIGHT be real and spread rumours. The thing that FUCKS me off the most is jokes about it on threads like this. ''oooh it's from that football rumours site though LOL, might not be true!''

Just f***ing ignore it PLEASE.

Jesus.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
There must be better strikers than Billy 'Barndoor' Paynter out there! I really cannot get excited about Paynter, his games to goals ratio is shocking. I suspect Mark McCammon stats are better than Paynter's?!

- Simon Cox - Forest were linked with him when McClaren was throwing his toys out the pram.
- Jason Scotland - What happened to him? Did he get picked up in the transfer window?
- Richardo Fuller - Mentioned on another thread on here. He's not going to get many games at Stoke this season.
- James Beattie - Mentioned again on another thread on here. Again, did a Club pick him up?

You're right. Sack Gus and appoint Albion Robster as manager and make JACKRUSSELL his assistant. Get it done.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

I'm pretty certain he's got a long list of potential strikers we would like to sign, either permanently or on loan. The above may or may not be on that list.

My guess would be that, once the Vicente deal started looking more & more likely, we got less and less interested in signing Paynter - eventually giving up on getting it done before the window. I believe, with our current position and recent signings, that we can sign a MUCH better striker than Billy Paynter. However, if Gus decides he still wants Paynter, a loan deal is a no-lose situation for us.

Gus knows what he's doing.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
It's a pretty nice situation that we're winning games, we're top of the league and we've still got Buckley and Hoskins, El Abd and Elphick to come back

Elphick is rubbish, I hope I never have to see him in an Albion shirt again,

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
You're right. Sack Gus and appoint Albion Robster as manager

Too right!

This Albion Robster guy must be a f**king genius as he proclaims to have more managerial nouse than Gus!

We should sack Gus immediately and install this managerial God without delay so he can sort out the mess the team is in with that joker in charge who obviously has no idea what sort of striker we should be signing!!!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Everyone is too harsh on Paynter, didn't he score 29 goals or something before he signed for Leeds ? He's obviously got the ability but he's just not fitting in well. As for Hoskins when are we actually gonna see him?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Simon Cox - last good season 08/09 32 goals in 50 games.
Jason Scotland - last good season 08/09 24 goals in 51 games. 32 years old.
Ricardo Fuller - last good season 07/08 15 goals in 44 games. 31 years old.
James Beattie - last good season 08/09 19 goals in 40 games. 33 years old.
Billy Paynter - last good season 09/10 29 goals in 50 games.

So, yes there may be better strikers around, but of the four you suggest, I would say only Simon Cox is a better option at this stage of their careers. Even Cox hasn't scored regularly as recently as Paynter. Leeds fans also suggest he has been played out of position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here