The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With apologies to The Adverts…

The transfer deadline is approaching,
There’s no one coming? I’m confused.
I listen to my earphones,
And I watch the Sky Sports late late news.
The opposition are now anxious,
And they’re quivering with fright
As Brighton finally announce a signing
And he’s fecking dynamite

As we’re looking through Billy Gilmore’s eyes 👀
Looking through Billy Gilmore’s eyes

Billy’s said goodby to CFC
Billy and the Bridge have parted compannnnny

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Not often I'm excited about a signing but this lad has the potential to be a superstar. You never know how things will turn out, but I'm confident. Good luck Billy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now that's what I call a highlights reel. He's a real baller, and we're going to enjoy him. He will be good alongside Caicedo, who breaks up play and is our ballwinner. Gilmour can open up space with his trickery.

In his Wikipedia, he lists Cesc Fàbregas, Luka Modrić and Andrés Iniesta as his football role models.

In that showreel, opposition players couldn't get near him to hack him down. It'll be interesting to see if the club get him to pack on weight like we've done with Trossard.

Having seen that show reel I totally get why so many Chelsea fans are seriously pissed off with the price we paid and that Tuchel let him go. He has the makings of a £50 million player this time next year if Potter can slot him in and he fulfills his obvious potential. They may even want to buy him back and be rinsed by TB :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Replies from Chelsea fans on Twitter to their club announcement are largely sadness and anger that he’s been let go (very cheaply) and Tuchel (again) has failed to develop an academy talent :):)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Now that's what I call a highlights reel. He's a real baller, and we're going to enjoy him. He will be good alongside Caicedo, who breaks up play and is our ballwinner. Gilmour can open up space with his trickery.

In his Wikipedia, he lists Cesc Fàbregas, Luka Modrić and Andrés Iniesta as his football role models.

In that showreel, opposition players couldn't get near him to hack him down. It'll be interesting to see if the club get him to pack on weight like we've done with Trossard.

Looks perhaps closest to Lallana in terms of what we currently have, which would make absolute sense.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've sympathy for both Gilmour and for Norwich fans over last season. He arrived as some kind of star, because of a couple of stand out performances, but was really an U21 player struggling to learn his trade in a team under a lot of pressure. The fans were told that they were lucky to be seeing some wonder kid, but their first two games were hammerings from Liverpool and Man City. He was obviously noticing that this wasn't like partnering Kante or Jorginho and the Norwich fans were watching him struggle whilst being told by the media that he wasn't struggling, but being let down by those around him.

Even when he wasn't being picked, there were idiot pundits saying that Norwich's problem was that they weren't picking him. The hype wasn't grounded in the reality of 21 year olds being expected to anchor an EPL midfield. Of those players under 22 last season, only Gilmour and Jacob Ramsey played more than 20 games in centre midfield and Ramsey generally played in a more advanced role.

Weirdly, he'll now end up in a squad with a central midfielder who is even younger than him, but who currently does look capable of successfully anchoring an EPL midfield at such a ridiculously young age. He'll need to work hard to compete for a place with Caicedo and Mac Allister, but he will not have to shoulder the expectations of 'wonder kid loaned to relegation battlers'. He has displayed obvious talent and potential in some matches. Hopefully, our coaching team can nurture him like they have other youngsters and help him start to become, on a consistent basis, the player that Norwich fans were led to believe they were getting last year.

Superb post.

As for the oaf on twitter and he band of 'followers', **** them. More than 10 million people voted for Johnson. When people make horrible mistakes they either learn from them or not. They can either be persuaded to think again, or not. The twitter gobshite has been rightly ridiculed on here, but unlike the groundswell that swept Johnson to power I doubt he or his dimbot views will resonate or obtain traction at the Amex. My guess is the signing will be welcomed in the stadium.

The sort of person who tweeted that nonsense, attacking Mr Bloom, are the sort of person, 2000 years ago who would have been having a go at 'that Jesus' for bringing an insufficiency of loaves and fishes to the feast. I think he should be forced to change his user name to John 6:11

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Having seen that show reel I totally get why so many Chelsea fans are seriously pissed off with the price we paid and that Tuchel let him go. He has the makings of a £50 million player this time next year if Potter can slot him in and he fulfills his obvious potential. They may even want to buy him back and be rinsed by TB :lolol:

Chelsea have spent the most this window - some 250 million. As part of that process, they've had a bit of a clearout, and we've taken advantage of it.
Time will tell if they chucked the baby out with the bathwater.

There's a school of thought, that the most gifted footballers are not the strikers, but are to be found in midfield, where games are often won or lost. At 9 million, Gilmour is a good signing.
And if anyone can help him achieve his full potential, we can.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

This was the same forum that commented on their Harry Kane loan...

"Well Kane''s stay at Norwich is over. Sadly for him it hasn't been a successful stay. A couple of bad misses, a long injury and then subbed at half time against non-league opposition. Not sure what the future holds for him. Probably the Championship and then League 1."

:lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This was the same forum that commented on their Harry Kane loan...

"Well Kane''s stay at Norwich is over. Sadly for him it hasn't been a successful stay. A couple of bad misses, a long injury and then subbed at half time against non-league opposition. Not sure what the future holds for him. Probably the Championship and then League 1."

:lolol:

Thought it was an interesting thread, not all of them just slagging him off but hay ho.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thought it was an interesting thread, not all of them just slagging him off but hay ho.

No, some solid praise for him and the context of it not working and we are possibly an ideal move to bring the best out of him. I just thought it was amusing when I stumbled on the Harry Kane quote. 'League 1 at best' - surely a statement made on many a football forum, certainly this one too!

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Looks perhaps closest to Lallana in terms of what we currently have, which would make absolute sense.

That was my thought too - cover and eventual replacement for Lallana.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No, some solid praise for him and the context of it not working and we are possibly an ideal move to bring the best out of him. I just thought it was amusing when I stumbled on the Harry Kane quote. 'League 1 at best' - surely a statement made on many a football forum, certainly this one too!

I can remember there was a rumour on here that we would be loaning Kane before he was the Harry Kane he is now, which was met by disappointment by many on here. Wonder if it was the same lot who bang on about a 20 goal a season striker? :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

canarydan23 says

"Also, assuming they keep Caceido, he'll be fighting with him, Mwepu, Gross and Alzate, all a million times better than Gilmour. Plus they've got Moder coming back in the New Year and assuming his recovery goes well, that's another CM Gilmour is barely fit to lace the boots of, never mind displace in the pecking order."

He's forgotten Lallana in that assessment as well.

Will certainly be interesting where Gilmour fits in the pecking order.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

We have enough players with no composure in the penalty area and who miss sitters!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here