Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Davies

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Maybe, but I don't get that impression. It's not like they've chucked mega prem style money a it. FFP as it stands is dead in the water so I don't see why they wouldn't give it another go next season.

Off on a tangent a bit, but what makes you so certain that FFP is dead in the water? I think that enough Championship clubs have followed it to make blatantly ignoring it a very big gamble for a club.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Off on a tangent a bit, but what makes you so certain that FFP is dead in the water? I think that enough Championship clubs have followed it to make blatantly ignoring it a very big gamble for a club.

Football league are already reviewing the regulations, they look set for an overhaul - That, for me, is a tacit admission that the current rules are not enforceable. As has been mentioned many many times, there are several clubs happily ignoring the rules. They must be pretty confident that they won't be penalised. Don't get me wrong, given that I'm a fan of the club the club that campaigned most vociferously for these rules and have been working to/adhering to them for longer than most it's a bit frustrating. But such is life, we benefited from a benefactor in the 90s, Brighton got a new stadium from a benefactor so it's swings and roundabouts for us all.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Football league are already reviewing the regulations, they look set for an overhaul - That, for me, is a tacit admission that the current rules are not enforceable. As has been mentioned many many times, there are several clubs happily ignoring the rules. They must be pretty confident that they won't be penalised. Don't get me wrong, given that I'm a fan of the club the club that campaigned most vociferously for these rules and have been working to/adhering to them for longer than most it's a bit frustrating. But such is life, we benefited from a benefactor in the 90s, Brighton got a new stadium from a benefactor so it's swings and roundabouts for us all.

The proposed fines on clubs promoted aren't enforceable due to them no longer being FL members; I think the FL accepts this. However, I remain hopeful that the transfer embargoes on clubs who don't go up will be enforced. Next Dec/Jan will be an interesting and nervous time for some clubs.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Henry Winter on Twitter: "Billy Davies sacked. No sympathy. Charmless man. Hope #nffc fortunes lift now. Looking forward to going back there to cover games again"

I'd be very interested to know when the last Davies/Forest match was that Henry Winter covered :wink:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The proposed fines on clubs promoted aren't enforceable due to them no longer being FL members; I think the FL accepts this. However, I remain hopeful that the transfer embargoes on clubs who don't go up will be enforced. Next Dec/Jan will be an interesting and nervous time for some clubs.

Maybe the fines can be withheld until said club gets relegated out of the PL - they will have to use some of their parachute payment to settle the debt when back in the FL - oh, dear, what a shame ....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As much as it is pleasing to see such an odious little twerp pilloried in such a public fashion it is annoying that the Forest will almost certainly be less crap now that he has gone.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I expect Warnock has signed already.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There's an in-joke there I'm missing...

It isn't an in-joke, but you do appear to be missing it anyway. Henry Winter just doesn't cover Championship football, virtually never, and so even more rarely Forest and Davies specifically. So it is by extension a slightly odd thing for him to say.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Football generally should celebrate the departure of this dreadful little man. I know someone who worked directly with him who confirmed his awful character. The only sad thing is that some silly football club will be desperate enough to employ him again - but it would be far better if none of us ever saw him again.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
His press conference flow chart is very revealing!

BjffY66CQAEfF5R.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here