Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Davies

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you've got half an hour!

But briefly, he started banning journalists at the end of last season, when they quite reasonably asked why he was only doing a press conference before the game against Leicester, and not after (ie when what was said was relevant).

He then, on the advice of this clown Price (cousin, suspended Scottish lawyer, take your pick) started banning both local and national journalists for no reason. Then there were various other intimidatory actions, but it was all needless. Forest were playing well, and winning.

The game at the Amex was actually one of his worst. The piece I did for the Mirror was headlined 'Billy No Mates' and basically said he was losing Forest as many friends off the pitch as they were winning them on it, because they were good that day.

And the crazy thing is, he isn't actually a bad manager, far from it. Just got some serious issues which undermine him. The Leon Knight of management.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not really, their owners are loaded, I don't think it's such a big deal.
I was thinking along the lines of the owners saying 'another year in the Championship isn't much fun, toodle-pip'.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was thinking along the lines of the owners saying 'another year in the Championship isn't much fun, toodle-pip'.

Particularly when the realisation hits that money doesn't guarantee promotion and that they're likely to have to mount a legal challenge to sign any new players.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Maybe, but I don't get that impression. It's not like they've chucked mega prem style money a it. FFP as it stands is dead in the water so I don't see why they wouldn't give it another go next season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you've got half an hour!

But briefly, he started banning journalists at the end of last season, when they quite reasonably asked why he was only doing a press conference before the game against Leicester, and not after (ie when what was said was relevant).

He then, on the advice of this clown Price (cousin, suspended Scottish lawyer, take your pick) started banning both local and national journalists for no reason. Then there were various other intimidatory actions, but it was all needless. Forest were playing well, and winning.

The game at the Amex was actually one of his worst. The piece I did for the Mirror was headlined 'Billy No Mates' and basically said he was losing Forest as many friends off the pitch as they were winning them on it, because they were good that day.

And the crazy thing is, he isn't actually a bad manager, far from it. Just got some serious issues which undermine him. The Leon Knight of management.

He's also had a go at a couple of press photographers, one at (I think) Leicester, who he offered out because the bloke took a photo of him during the game, and also one at the Amex. Again, I think the guy at the Amex committed the offence of doing his job and taking a photo of Davies.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Looking imminent

Billy Davies: Neil Warnock set to take over at Nottingham Forest

From BBC Website

Nottingham Forest are expected to confirm the sacking of Billy Davies and announce Neil Warnock as their new manager, BBC Sport has learned.

Davies and his staff did not turn up for training at the Championship club on Monday, fuelling speculation the 49-year-old Scot had been fired overnight.

Ex-Leeds United boss Warnock reportedly met with Forest's owners on Sunday.

Forest lost 5-0 to rivals Derby on Saturday and are now outside the play-offs after an eight-game winless run.

Former Notts County, Sheffield United and QPR boss Warnock, 65, parted company with Leeds in April.

He is set to appoint another former Magpies manager, Keith Curle, as his assistant manager.

Davies signed a four-year contract extension at the City Ground in October 2013, eight months after joining the club for a second time.

Forest narrowly missed out on the Championship play-offs last term and have not finished in the top six since 2011 during Davies's first spell at the club.

He was first hired as Forest manager in December 2008 and twice led them to the play-offs, only to miss out on promotion to the Premier League by losing in the semi-finals on both occasions.

Davies was sacked in June 2011 and replaced by Steve McClaren, before being reappointed in February last year.

McClaren, the former Middlesbrough and England manager, is now in charge at Derby.

Forest have not won in the league in the seven games since they beat Huddersfield on 11 February, during which spell they were also knocked out of the FA Cup by League One side Sheffield United.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
This one has torn me. He is the most dislikable man in football and i can not think of anything better than seeing him shown the door. However the one thing i have enjoyed over the past few weeks is watching the clueless wanker being unable to turn the tide back in his favour and a few more enjoyable weeks of that would have been great.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cant imagine sacking Davies is cheap either as he has 3 and a half years left to run on his contract, but then Forest will simply follow their current motto - "F**k FFP"

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He is set to appoint another former Magpies manager, Keith Curle, as his assistant manager.

:laugh:Everytime I see his name my mind is drawn back to Euro 92 and his comedy tenure at Right Back.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nottingham Forest are expected to confirm the sacking of Billy Davies and announce Neil Warnock as their new manager, BBC Sport has learned.

Davies and his staff did not turn up for training at the Championship club on Monday, fuelling speculation the 49-year-old Scot had been fired overnight.

Ex-Leeds United boss Warnock reportedly met with Forest's owners on Sunday.

The ex-Notts County boss was quoted* as saying "when they offered me the job I just couldn't say no. After all, to fail to get a squad of this size and quality up you'd have to be some sort of braindead tiny-cocked Scotsman with the managerial abilities of a vole (who doesn't work managing other voles)"

*by me, in my head.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:lolol: ...and yet...dammit.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Confirmed, Billy Davies gone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here