Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest rip-offs in Britain..

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When i was young we kept ourselves entertained, Playing football going to the park or going fishing. Our parents wouldn't have wasted valuable income keeping kids entertained.

Same as. A market has sprung up in the last 15 years based solely on entertaining children. Very rarely was a day out based around us children when I was young, we went out on days and were expected to poke up with it and we may get a nice cream if we didn't whine too much.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Many people in this country pay the price for their laziness. Can't be bothered to cook, can't be bothered to walk anywhere, the easy way for parents is to take their kids to a theme park.
Apart from peak time train fares and utilities which can't be overcome then stop going to these over priced restaurant chains, or stop buying refreshments at the cinema, stay away from the theme parks etc etc. If the income at these places dropped dramatically then they would be forced into reviewing their pricing.

You have a point.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Many people in this country pay the price for their laziness. Can't be bothered to cook, can't be bothered to walk anywhere, the easy way for parents is to take their kids to a theme park.
Apart from peak time train fares and utilities which can't be overcome then stop going to these over priced restaurant chains, or stop buying refreshments at the cinema, stay away from the theme parks etc etc. If the income at these places dropped dramatically then they would be forced into reviewing their pricing.

Cannot argue with that at all.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Same as. A market has sprung up in the last 15 years based solely on entertaining children. Very rarely was a day out based around us children when I was young, we went out on days and were expected to poke up with it and we may get a nice cream if we didn't whine too much.

This all day long.

Days off for parents are completely focused around what to do to keep the child happy or entertained.

When I was a kid weekends were usually spent being dragged around a car boot sale or fishing tackle shop. A child based activity was considered a treat and rightly so. The child of today however has come to expect this treatment every weekend.

We need to put the Great back into Britain again

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Haircuts :

Up until a few years ago, matey in Baker Street was doing trims for a mere 50p albeit amidst the reassuring odour of cat pee and body odour. Now the male grooming salons have you for a short back & sides, beard trim, nasal/ear hair trim and possible wax. Go for the full monty happy ending and it's a nifty gone.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Haircuts :

Up until a few years ago, matey in Baker Street was doing trims for a mere 50p albeit amidst the reassuring odour of cat pee and body odour. Now the male grooming salons have you for a short back & sides, beard trim, nasal/ear hair trim and possible wax. Go for the full monty happy ending and it's a nifty gone.

Good old Coopers! :wink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You must live in an expensive part of Turkey. My tax in Didim is about £25 a year !
I don't live there or have any property in Turkey. I was speaking to a local ex pat in Fethiye

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thank goodness for the 50% off forces discount

I know what you mean though. As good as there pizzas are £18 is ridiculous.

Can't believe people actually pay it

Does anyone ever pay full whack at Dominos ? There are always voucher codes, leaflets and their online 'best deal' thingy to use. Usually end up paying about half price so £9 or so for a huge pizza is ok.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Protein shake powders as well. For any gym goers, some places online are reasonable but high street chains like holland and Barrett charge 40 quid for less than 1kg of the stuff sometimes! :eek:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone ever pay full whack at Dominos ? There are always voucher codes, leaflets and their online 'best deal' thingy to use. Usually end up paying about half price so £9 or so for a huge pizza is ok.

Why do people have to go on a treasure hunt to get a fair deal? If I am out for the day I wont be carrying a clutch of vouchers for every franchised take away outlet and i'm not spunking £20 for an open toasted sandwich where the basic ingredients cost less than a pound.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why do people have to go on a treasure hunt to get a fair deal? If I am out for the day I wont be carrying a clutch of vouchers for every franchised take away outlet and i'm not spunking £20 for an open toasted sandwich where the basic ingredients cost less than a pound.

No need, use t'internet.....

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Line rental charges for home phones.

I wonder how many times over you end up paying for this service compared to if you had brought and got it linked up yourself. Why isn't this incorporated into the cost of a phone call (so much per call going towards having the phone line) You don't get a choice and can't avoid paying for this unless you have no internet and phone.

More and more people are using mobiles so a home phone for calls is becoming less of an essential so many are having to pay line rental just to have braodband which therefore makes that more expensive than it needs to be.
Do you pay a line rental charge for a mobile? - no, you can have PAYG or Contracts, depending on which network, therefore have cheap or free calls on your mobile (so thats why some don't need a home phone any more)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here