Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Sam could be in trouble...

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I am sure Sam will plead entrapment but if youve just landed a job paying £250k a month why would you even have the meeting, let alone say those things. Terminally stupid and greedy. Like a lot of people in football unfortunately.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The bloke is employed to try to get England to a tournament and then not embarrass themselves. He is not a politician nor a lawyer nor a priest. He has said nothing there that most pundits have not said already.
He is guilty of being an uneduacated, brash, arogant fool. Football is not like the normal world though. Unless something other than that comes out then just let the bloke get on with it.
Journalists are c***s

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sorry, why should he lose his job? Dramatic exaggeration. He's acted like a bit of an arse, but come on, the FA hired him despite his character. He is a good manager, leave him to it.

And no more fake Sheikhs/businesspeople meetings for England managers.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The bloke is employed to try to get England to a tournament and then not embarrass themselves.

True. But he has achieved the rare distinction of embarrassing England two years before the tournament even kicks off.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I remember the line "he loves a bung" wasn't that in relation to Sam or was it Harry?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Talk Sport defending him...and some callers too. FFS, can't people see they didn't 'trap' him if he came out with stuff like this and got caught saying it?! That's not naive, it's potential corruption! Sorry but it stinks and thank heavens for investigational journalism in this country. Well done DT who broke the MP expenses scandal too.

He's got to go...SAM OUT!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Talk Sport defending him...and some callers too. FFS, can't people see they didn't 'trap' him if he came out with stuff like this and got caught saying it?! That's not naive, it's potential corruption! Sorry but it stinks and thank heavens for investigational journalism in this country. Well done DT who broke the MP expenses scandal too.

He's got to go...SAM OUT!

You are actually comparing an elected Member of Parliament who is trusted to govern over health, finance, education, security etc with a manager of a football team? Reality check.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I thought he would do a good job with England - looks like we will never know now! Who's next on the list?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here