Big manly tips for housework

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
The other thing to do is make sure the standards don't drop. I noticed a few months back that my girlfriend was not cleaning the toilet as often, putting bleach down it less frequently, replacing the toilet duck less diligently. Now these are all easy things to do and I could have done them myself, but then she would not have realised and been able to correct her laxity. So I made a big show of opening the toilet windows and holding my nose while saying "God it stinks in here". She spent the entire afternoon cleaning the whole room.
Man, I like your style!
:rave:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Man, I like your style!
:rave:

To be honest, she used so much bleach, she was sick after inhaling the fumes. I felt really sorry for her because it was just one more thing to add to the list of things she had to clean up.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Avoid buying crockery or cutlery. Simply buy cheap plastic plates and cups and after a meal simply throw everything away to remove the daily grind of washing up.

Hate ironing? Kill this horror chore by putting clean clothes under the seats of your sofa. Then simply relax on the sofa while pressing your shirts.

Dreading the full house clean? Drink bleach and find yourself in casualty for a week - and hey presto the concerned relatives will come round a clean the house for you.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
One tip I've learned is always to come in my girlfriend's mouth. As I have to point out to her every single time while she's complaining about the taste, it saves her washing the sheets as often.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
To stop bread and cakes from going stale and dry, keep them in a bucket of water.

If you regularly misplace things around the house, then tie EVERYTHING in your home to single piece of string. When you can't find anything just follow the piece of string until you come to the appropriate item.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
To stop bread and cakes from going stale and dry, keep them in a bucket of water.

If you regularly misplace things around the house, then tie EVERYTHING in your home to single piece of string. When you can't find anything just follow the piece of string until you come to the appropriate item.

Genius. That just made me spit coffee and laught out loud. Now everyone in the office is asking me what i'm laughing at and i dont know if i can bring myself to explain.

Would this thread sound so funny explained to a third party? I dont think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports