Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actually we weren't "muddling along nicely". Winning games by no more than a one goal margin and drawing far too many was never going to keep us at the top of the table all season.

Actually, carrying on winning by one goal and drawing the rest could well have kept us in the position we were in at he end of November. Not saying we shouldn't try to get in better players than we've already got, but if we get our numerous casualties back fit again, we can still have a good season, regardless of new additions. Pleased with Knockeart - he's a good addition, I think.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
At the club as in the training ground? Can find out if true if that's the case....?

I'm guessing by the absence of a follow up post that you were unable to confirm a mystery visitor?

Out of interest, have their been many players known to have had a look around and opted to stick where they are or go elsewhere? The only one a I know of in recent times is Lewis Grabban.

I'm trying to gauge how big an influence the clubs set up is when wooing a player. We all know that we don't pay the big bucks, but we can offer a better working and living environment than most other clubs in this division.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Actually, carrying on winning by one goal and drawing the rest could well have kept us in the position we were in at he end of November. Not saying we shouldn't try to get in better players than we've already got, but if we get our numerous casualties back fit again, we can still have a good season, regardless of new additions. Pleased with Knockeart - he's a good addition, I think.

If we are in and around the playoffs for the rest of the season but aren't there at the death, I still think that we can say we have had a very good season. For the most part, so far it has been exciitng hasn't it? That's what we sign up for , not guaranteed promotions.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This thread is redundant until a week Sunday. If nothing has been done now, all the agents we're dealing with are 'last dayers'. It's interesting that our SA targets are still yet to raise the 'shirts' of their rumoured new clubs. What is certain is that a top striker would certainly help out promotion push and that it's highly unlikely we'll be buying a player based in England. See you on the 31st.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This thread is redundant until a week Sunday. If nothing has been done now, all the agents we're dealing with are 'last dayers'. It's interesting that our SA targets are still yet to raise the 'shirts' of their rumoured new clubs. What is certain is that a top striker would certainly help out promotion push and that it's highly unlikely we'll be buying a player based in England. See you on the 31st.

We signed Kayal on this day 12 months ago

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

No, we need a striker. The club knows this. Hughton knows this (see The Argus today, for instance). But I'm sure you know best.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm guessing by the absence of a follow up post that you were unable to confirm a mystery visitor?

Out of interest, have their been many players known to have had a look around and opted to stick where they are or go elsewhere? The only one a I know of in recent times is Lewis Grabban.

I'm trying to gauge how big an influence the clubs set up is when wooing a player. We all know that we don't pay the big bucks, but we can offer a better working a7nd living environment than most other clubs in this division.

I'm thinking the player is a former Albion player. I can't name names, but it is an anagram of Sid Stevewell and he will be at the game today. I'm not trying to be in the know, but I have been reliably informed.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Fulham and reading both former clubs of his. We would obviously be best choice for him but he did have long spells at both of those teams.

Fulham can only cover 10k a week of his wages so would hope we would be ahead of them

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sidwell was at our game vs Rotherham recently ..... Looks like it could be a goer.

but..........can he play left back or centre forward I don't remeber him ever playing in those positions

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, we need a striker. The club knows this. Hughton knows this (see The Argus today, for instance). But I'm sure you know best.

We could certainly do with a new striker (I never said otherwise - see " Not saying we shouldn't try to get in better players than we've already got" - of course we should, at all times and for all places). However, it is still a fact at before we were massively swamped by multiple serious injuries, we were doing alright with he strikers we already had - and we've already added the goal threat of Knockeart.
Yes, of course if there's a striker out there that's better than what we've got, who is available and willing to come to the Albion, we should get him in. But I for one won't be wringing my hands, crying in my beer or contemplating slitting my wrists if it doesn't happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A striker, and either Adam or Sidwell seems very possible.

I think just 3 fit wingers also looks 'light', and I really hope we are in for another, maybe Skalak.

A case for a younger leftback also seems strong.

All the above is a big ask, so it wouldn't be fair to be disappointed if we don't get everything, let's see. Barber being cautious stated 1, or maybe 2, INS.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

I think just 3 fit wingers also looks 'light', and I really hope we are in for another, maybe Skalak.

All the above is a big ask, so it wouldn't be fair to be disappointed if we don't get everything, let's see. Barber being cautious stated 1, or maybe 2, INS.

Another winger would be quite a luxury, as Rosenior can play there when he's back. New striker should be a priority, although yesterday showed, if they get the service, those we've got are more than capable. Be happy with Sizewell or Adam

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

We're never going to sign all those players in the next nine days, especially as we have the loan window if we need it for a left back and winger. We still have Manu for the wings anyway, Rosenior to come back and, if we sign another striker, the option to play Baldock wide if needed.

If we get Sidwell, the only other option I can see is signing another striker before the deadline. But, as others have said, assuming he's not recalled in the next week, I really think Wilson could be the answer to our goalscoring needs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here