Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We're never going to sign all those players in the next nine days, especially as we have the loan window if we need it for a left back and winger. We still have Manu for the wings anyway, Rosenior to come back and, if we sign another striker, the option to play Baldock wide if needed.

If we get Sidwell, the only other option I can see is signing another striker before the deadline. But, as others have said, assuming he's not recalled in the next week, I really think Wilson could be the answer to our goalscoring needs.
I keep forgetting we have Elvis. I hope we unlock his potential.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Hey. Just read swedish news that blackburn defender martin olsson might be on his way to Brighton.

Some other championship teams are also intrested.

Decent left back. If (seems unlikely) Blackburn would let us have him on loan, I'd be delighted.

Would be surprised if we were in to sign him, unless Bong is knackered.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would be good, thought Derby had virtually signed him up ? ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking to a Huddersfield fan on Saturday and he mentioned that Joel Lynch is available he wasnt sure if it was his choice or the managers decision but got me thinking he is no longer the young up start who thought he was better than he was as per Guy Butters but is now 28 and an experienced defender, Could he do a job, left footed CB who is equally at home as left back cover.?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Talking to a Huddersfield fan on Saturday and he mentioned that Joel Lynch is available he wasnt sure if it was his choice or the managers decision but got me thinking he is no longer the young up start who thought he was better than he was as per Guy Butters but is now 28 and an experienced defender, Could he do a job, left footed CB who is equally at home as left back cover.?

He's as much a left-footed CB as Ridgewell. And he's a cock.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's as much a left-footed CB as Ridgewell. And he's a cock.

JL is very left footed and plays equally well at CB or left back unlike Ridgewell who is probably a better CB than him but not left back plus he is going back MLS soon. Not saying we should chase after JL just mention it as an option for discussion on the pro and cons .

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
JL is very left footed and plays equally well at CB or left back unlike Ridgewell who is probably a better CB than him but not left back plus he is going back MLS soon. Not saying we should chase after JL just mention it as an option for discussion on the pro and cons .

If we are signing someone permanently they need to be better than Bong or a youngster w/ potential. JL is neither. Nor is he a better FB than CB.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we are signing someone permanently they need to be better than Bong or a youngster w/ potential. JL is neither. Nor is he a better FB than CB.

I do not think that we will sign or need a full back who is better than Bong but better than Chicksen and Calderon so we dont have to move LR over as I think that it is possible he will be needed at right back or right midfield in the run in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here