BHA January transfer watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Just passing on info so take it or leave it. We had a transfer target at the club yesterday and they were back again today. I was not told a name but I got the impression it was someone reasonably well known. They have not signed but might do imminently. I might get told who it was if it all comes to nothing. Otherwise we will all find out at approximately the same time.

This post made me smile inside

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Not just Bobby. Calde's only contracted until the end of the season, and I think maybe Bruno too.

I'd be surprised if any of them get another year tbh, that's not saying they're no good, they have all been superb players for us, but we really need to start looking at players that can give us a good few years.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just passing on info so take it or leave it. We had a transfer target at the club yesterday and they were back again today. I was not told a name but I got the impression it was someone reasonably well known. They have not signed but might do imminently. I might get told who it was if it all comes to nothing. Otherwise we will all find out at approximately the same time.

At the club as in the training ground? Can find out if true if that's the case....?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

200 pages, 423,574 views by Monday (at least 13% of which will be @BG speculating on which ageing LB it is and why we're doomed without one)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gary Hooper signing for Wednesday on a permanent.
They say they're not interested in Rhodes while Blackburn have signed two strikers.
Rhodes to Albion it is then :shrug: :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gary Hooper signing for Wednesday on a permanent.
They say they're not interested in Rhodes while Blackburn have signed two strikers.
Rhodes to Albion it is then :shrug: [emoji38]ol:
Not surprised they can't afford both Hooper and Rhodes.

Rhodes to QPR ? ???

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Do we really need to sign this superstar striker? We were muddling along quite nicely without him before injuries hit the squad.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Matt Derbyshire

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Do we really need to sign this superstar striker? We were muddling along quite nicely without him before injuries hit the squad.

Actually we weren't "muddling along nicely". Winning games by no more than a one goal margin and drawing far too many was never going to keep us at the top of the table all season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Didn't Andy Naylor say we have a possible transfer lined up near the end of the window. It all depends on the selling club getting a replacement. This indicates an affordable player (not a big name: we might never have heard of him!?) from a lower division or Scottish club, much like the Baldock signing when Bristol City got in Agarde as a replacement.

I would expect the player to be under 25. I don't think it will be a striker. A left-sided wing-back/midfielder or even a left-sided defender would fill the gap from the departure of Orlandi and Forster-Caskey.

Maybe not, with our ageing players even a 30 yo would be a youngster for our defence. One with PL experience would be a boon if we got promoted.

I think we will make the play-offs (given reasonable luck with injuries) and I think we would need an extra midfielder cause one more injury would rock the boat like it did in 2013-14 play-offs.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I know we have had scouts watching a striker called Greg Stewart who plays for Dundee. I would be very unimpressed if he were to be the only striker coming in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Barber cautiously stated 1, or maybe 2, more POSSIBLE INs in his interview on seagulls player ( After the Knockaert transfer ).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Me too. Knocky terrorizing the full back on one side, Kaz on the other. (though doubt LuaLua will start tomorrow). Exciting times!

All we need now is someone to convert the chances that they will undoubtedly create.
Tomer is the man for that job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports