Beyonce headlining Glastonbury

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'd rather shove rusty nails down my japs eye than voluntarily listen to Beyonces music.
But i will add Jayson Z is one lucky bastard

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its a music festival i thought ?
And isnt she probably the top female performer of the last 5 years ?

whats the problem ?

she will be amazing

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
face it, they could sell out Glastonbury without announcing ANY acts!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with the comments that this simply isn't the sort of music that should be at Glasto but people simplay can't deny how talented Beyonce is. Her LIVE performance with Alexandra Burke on last years X Factor as sensational... Not that I'm a fan of hers or that music BTW but I know a good voice when I hear one

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
When you consider the fact that a couple of years ago the headliners were Neil Young, Springsteen and Blur, this years trio of U2, Coldplay and Beyonce is a joke.

Sorry but Blur are just a joke/novelty band. How anyone can hold them up as some amazing headline act utterly bemuses me.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I agree with the comments that this simply isn't the sort of music that should be at Glasto but people simplay can't deny how talented Beyonce is. Her LIVE performance with Alexandra Burke on last years X Factor as sensational... Not that I'm a fan of hers or that music BTW but I know a good voice when I hear one

Not a fan either, but I have been told by a singer friend of mine that Beyonce is the only one of the top female live performers who can actually sing live properly without any enhancement. Not that she should be at Glastonbury mind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
However, everyone places far too much weight on the headliners.

This. Last year I printed off the list of bands performing...all 64 pages. If you cannot find anything to occupy yourself at Glasto I'd say you're not really into music. And even if you are not into music there is a heap of other stuff like Shangri-la, Block 9, Arcadia, theatre, comedy, cabaret, circus, spoken word. This is what makes it a festival as opposed to a huge gig in a field like Reading, Sonisphere and worst of all V.

As for the comment about it being too busy and big. There's less people since the fence went up...and you can always choose to avoid the busy areas as I often do.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I remember people saying similar things about her hubby....and who had the last laugh then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a fan either, but I have been told by a singer friend of mine that Beyonce is the only one of the top female live performers who can actually sing live properly without any enhancement. Not that she should be at Glastonbury mind.

I find this very hard to believe.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's been going downhill since they got rid of the house band The Worthy Farm Windfuckers :down:

FACT

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hardly rock and roll is it and it's certainly not R 'n B whatever you kids may say.

Lacklustre and uninspiring headlining imo, lucky I have no intention of going I guess.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
she might have a decent voice (whatever that means, I still don't enjoy listening to it) but her songs are f***ing shite

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Terrible choice, the Sunday night broadcast can safely be forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports