Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Better Call Saul

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Just finished watching the third episode. Some interesting plot development but still a slow burner for me - not become 'must see' TV yet. But I did enjoy the ongoing sub-plot with the guy in charge of the parking lot.

Not must see TV, but you are one of the first to watch the 3rd episode?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is it as ball numbingly dull as Breaking Bad. I watched the first season of that and can honestly say one of the most boring things I've ever seen. What was the fuss about?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Is it as ball numbingly dull as Breaking Bad. I watched the first season of that and can honestly say one of the most boring things I've ever seen. What was the fuss about?

Have you not taken everyone's comments on board? The first season is slow, second season builds up a bit and then it is just fantastic from there on in. Go on, try season 2, you know you want to. :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Have you not taken everyone's comments on board? The first season is slow, second season builds up a bit and then it is just fantastic from there on in. Go on, try season 2, you know you want to. :thumbsup:

I'm sorry but if a program takes an entire series to even BEGIN to start getting good it's not good enough to deserve my precious time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I like you Nibble (in a way) but you're wrong on this one!

The first series could have been reduced to one episode. An hour of that horrifically, frowning one trick actor standing around in his pants and that annoying, scrawny junky trying to get rid of a body by screaming"Dude"!!! down the phone a lot.

I can't force myself to like something if I feel it's rubbish. And breaking bad was certainly rubbish.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I like you Nibble (in a way) but you're wrong on this one!

Agree, I'm always up for a slice of Dribble's input on the arts, but he's way off the mark on this one. Every series of BB is legendary (and that's from someone who hates all the crap that other people like such as The Wire, The Sopranos, The Shawshank f/ing Redemption etc.). Better Call Saul is seriously peachy too. How Mike goes from car park attendant to ruthless hitman/enforcer one can only imagine.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Maybe BB does get good ( I doubt it) but you cannot seriously tell me series 1 is brilliant TV? It's not even good TV.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm sorry but if a program takes an entire series to even BEGIN to start getting good it's not good enough to deserve my precious time.

Each to your own but it's your loss! Season one isn't amazing I'll give you but season two starts to get really good towards the end of it and then it's just brilliant from then onwards.

And I'm saying that as someone like [MENTION=12037]Bombadier Botty[/MENTION] who generally doesn't like TV like that.

Back to the BCS. Thought first one was a bit slow going but the second one was great. Is the third episode on netflix in the UK now? If so I'll watch it tonight.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Great that 3 is already on Netflix, they seem to be coming at a rapid rate. 10 episodes series one and 12 apparently for series two (already commissioned).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I didn't get the memo that said every single person in the entire world haas to like Breakjng Bad and if they don't there is something wrong with them.

In fact I find most US long form drama tedious, badly written and over rated. Mea Culpa, mea culpa.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The first series could have been reduced to one episode. An hour of that horrifically, frowning one trick actor standing around in his pants and that annoying, scrawny junky trying to get rid of a body by screaming"Dude"!!! down the phone a lot.

I can't force myself to like something if I feel it's rubbish. And breaking bad was certainly rubbish.

You cannot judge it on the first season alone. Imagine judging Blackadder from only watching series 1.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You cannot judge it on the first season alone. Imagine judging Blackadder from only watching series 1.

That comparison doesn't stand up. Black adder series 1 is universally accepted as being bad.
It's also only 2 and a half hours long, not 7. I think I can make up my mind about something after watching 7 hours of it thank you so much.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not sure why this needs to turn into a slating of Breaking Bad.

I didnt particually get the hype, I thought it was a little overated, but it enjoyed it enough to see it throug, however several episodes it does feel like you learnt nothing new and in one episode literally nothing happens apart from them trying to catch a ****ing fly.

However Better Call Saul is a different program and I quite enjoy it, I like the dark comedy side to it and Saul was easily one of the better characters in breaking bad.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not sure why this needs to turn into a slating of Breaking Bad.

I didnt particually get the hype, I thought it was a little overated, but it enjoyed it enough to see it throug, however several episodes it does feel like you learnt nothing new and in one episode literally nothing happens apart from them trying to catch a ****ing fly.

However Better Call Saul is a different program and I quite enjoy it, I like the dark comedy side to it and Saul was easily one of the better characters in breaking bad.

I'm disappointed in you Son.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Really good start to the series Jimmy/Saul is a great character played by a great actor. I really liked BB but certainly not best ever series.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
That comparison doesn't stand up. Black adder series 1 is universally accepted as being bad.
It's also only 2 and a half hours long, not 7. I think I can make up my mind about something after watching 7 hours of it thank you so much.

You won't get away with it Dribble! You are not permitted independent thought on this one. I usually avoid TV full stop, and to me, watching series like Dexter, The West Wing, Homeland, The Wire, The Sopranos, Broadchurch, Blackadder, The Fall and on and on I see as a waste of my life. BB is one of the few exceptions to this rule. Get on it like a car bonnet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here