Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best way to get to the AMEX?

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
hello all

I have read about the parking and public transport for the AMEX (and sorry if this has been asked before) but what do you think would be the best way to get to the AMEX?

Will there still be free travel from places like Lewes or, as i'm assuming we can park near the ground, has this been scrapped?

I travel from Hastings so not sure if i should pay out for train tickets each week or petrol and parking?

Any thoughts?

:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
never been able to park neard the ground

only for 1901 club

you will have to get train to falmer station

or i pressume there will be coaches and park and ride

that will be it

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
We could all share taxi.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
hello all

I have read about the parking and public transport for the AMEX (and sorry if this has been asked before) but what do you think would be the best way to get to the AMEX?

Will there still be free travel from places like Lewes or, as i'm assuming we can park near the ground, has this been scrapped?

I travel from Hastings so not sure if i should pay out for train tickets each week or petrol and parking?

Any thoughts?

:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

If you have a Network Railcard, and travel by train, it's £8.25 return. That's without the Falmer Travel Voucher thing that we're hearing bits and pieces about.

You'll spend much more than that on petrol and parking.

Oct 6, 2010
Just drive to the Amex and take a turn into Falmer village. Put your car on the village green and leave it there. The residents will be gladly keep your car safe.

Or.....

Personally I'm going to drive/cycle to Glynde station where I can park for free, and hop on the train for the short journey to Falmer.

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
drive to the Amex and take a turn into Falmer village. Put your car on the village green and leave it there. The residents will be gladly keep your car safe.

Now thats an idea, i assume if i make sure i have lots of Albion stuff all over my car they will take extra special care lol

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If you have a Network Railcard, and travel by train, it's £8.25 return. That's without the Falmer Travel Voucher thing that we're hearing bits and pieces about.

You'll spend much more than that on petrol and parking.

Find two friends and get a group save it will cost £7.43 each without forking out for a rail card (which will save you nothing on midweek games as minimum fare is £13), without the travel voucher

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
???wonder if there doing any thing to stop supporters parking there car in stammer park???

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Can we leave pushbikes at the stadium?

If so, cycling could be an option for some. Even parking a few miles away and cycling the rest.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There will be cycle racks there, so yes.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Seriously though, from Hastings the train would be the best bet I'd have thought.

I would have thought that's a pretty good option, as the trains going into Brighton will be rammed with home and away supporters.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I'm still hoping that an enterprising farmer or buisness park owner near Falmer will open up his field or parking lot, for £5 a car or mini bus, on the day.

This is what happens at other grounds around the country, it serves a need, and it works very well.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Rather than plan it out now maybe best to wait until nearer the time to see what options are available, times and susidies. There will be a good number coming from the Hastings area and the train, car sharing, park and ride or coach options will all be a little clearer nearer the time as timings, pick up points and costs become known. It could be that the best option for a Saturday game is not the best option for an evening game - so enjoy this season first and worry about the transport for next season towards the end of July!

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
Some good thoughts there everyone. will probably do the train for saturday games and drive for midweek.

anyway, back to the game.........lets hope we get more than a point tonight!!:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will probably go by train from HH but not sure of the best deals for an OAP or whether there will be buses from HH as has been suggested. Will obviously sort it out nearer the time.

Just as a thought the 40x from Princess Royal Hospital doesnt run on Saturdays couldnt Countryliner run the service to and from Falmer and or Brighton. Probably not that simple to just start a service.

Last edited:

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Not sure how the Mid Sussex Seagulls are progressing with their coach idea. Giving this serious consideration if still going ahead.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I will probably go by train from HH but not sure of the best deals for an OAP or whether there will be buses from HH as has been suggested. Will obviously sort it out nearer the time.

Just as a thought the 40x from Princess Royal Hospital doesnt run on Saturdays couldnt Countryliner run the service to and from Falmer and or Brighton. Probably not that simple to just start a service.
Mid Sussex Seagulls are running a coach from the Broadway for only a fiver return

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here