Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best two strikers of the withdean era

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
Despite it being arguably the worst ground in the Football League, Withdean will forever hold great memories for Albion fans - from hometown boy Darren Freeman's hat-trick scoring debut in the 6-0 demolition of Mansfield in the opening game to Danny Cullip's header to defeat the cheats of Chesterfield. From Adam Virgo's 120th minute equaliser against Swindon to Ben Roberts penalty save in that game. From three promotions, two relegations and two last day escapes. With the end in sight for the Theatre of Trees, we've decided to put together a poll for the Greatest XI to pull on the stripes during our 12 year stay, with this weeks vote being for the two centre forwards

Strikers. They score the goals. They take the glory. And they are arguably the most important commodity in a successful football team. When it comes to naming the Albion's Greatest Withdean XI, it is fair to say that one of the strikers spots is all but guaranteed - a certain Mr Bobby Zamora. But we've had some great other forwards down the years, from Leon Knight to the other 20-goal man Glenn Murray. This shortlist has been particularly hard to produce, so much like the Grand National we've gone for a massive field of fourteen from which you can select your TWO best strikers to pull on the stripes at the Theatre of Trees with only one thing guaranteed - the likelihood is that one of them will be partnering Bobby Z!

go to : WeAreBrighton.com :: Withdean's Greatest XI Vote - Strikers

to vote , i went for bobby Z (obviously) and i chose Nicky Forster as the other

who did you vote for ???

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I voted for Glenn Murray and ..... Lloyd Owusu!!!
It's obvious Zamora will win. He is the best, everyone will vote for him so i voted for IMO 2nd and 3rd best!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Zamora and um, picking a second is difficult. Murray has had some fantastic games (remember when he came off the bench in the driving rain against Milwall?). Forster was an inspirational player, who got some very important goals - especially the final goal of the 'great escape' against Stockport.

There are other honourable mentions too - Knight was brilliant before throwing his toys out the pram, Iwelumo had some fantastic games for us, Kazim-Richards was good, yet slightly lazy. And who could ever forget the mad celebrations after Gatting broke his duck against Northwich Victoria!?

I'm going for Zamora and Murray. They have both fired us to Withdean championships, something Forster never had the opportunity to do.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Zamora! Tough for 2nd between Murray and Forster, went for Murray.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Zamora.

Tough between Forster and Murray. Although Murray has had a brilliant season this season, I can't help remembering when he, and we, weren't so good. Forster was amazing for us in two seasons when we were a pretty crap team. So I think I go for him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I voted for a 4th promotion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here