Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best mobile phone?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Cheers for the recommendations, think i'm going to check out this HTC desire phone.

On the description of the HTC it says ' Make it personal - with Android inside, it's highly customisable'. What is an android?

Be careful if you like downloading Apps, Android will only let you save them on your phones memory (not external memory like and SD Card) so thus you only have a finite amount of space you can use ..

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I am very pleased with my HTC Desire.

I have an Ipod Touch and didn't really fancy an Iphone, even if the contracts were cheaper. Just don't like the Iphone as a phone. As a gadget it's great, but not as a phone.

That probably doesn't make any sense whatsoever, sorry.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Would be inclined to say iPhone, but the issue i had with mine was having to worry about losing it. If you lose it, not only have you got the contract to pay but you lose your iPod AND your phone, which is a double fucker. I only had mine a week (sent it back due to not being able to get any signal at my gaff), and i didn't want to take it anywhere in fear of dropping it.. maybe that's just me?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
got an htc desire couple weeks ago

25 quid a month for 300 mins unlimited text and unlimited internet. the phone was free

very happy with it indeed

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
whats the sound quality like in the HTC Desire? I've got a sony ericsson and they're very good sound quality for MP3s.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
got an htc desire couple weeks ago

25 quid a month for 300 mins unlimited text and unlimited internet. the phone was free

very happy with it indeed

That is bloody good. What network is that on? Best i can find is £30 a month on vodafone with 600 mins, ultd texts and free phone. But i don't call people that much anyway so would rather save a fiver a month.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I lurve my LG Cookie.

E bay for £35.
BxDxrhOKd55PknsAJHm-fCtOvOu9S-BcTxFmMLPDaf8qWBIsKeksRCvJJUnC-qqd0MMbceQ9BYWWFkrgfuOy3vGQyzh5qHzeq3LcE_wKItAnM4aYRa6wjkQYs-S_

i have this exact phone and would like to smash it under my foot every single time i use it. DO NOT GET AN LG COOKIE, NOR AN LG AT ALL.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Cheers mate.
Bloody hell that contract sounds ridiculous. I would be all over that if i could get signal around here on Orange.

Yeah it is a really good contract. The unlimited internet isn't really unlimited (500mb cap) which if you were always on the internet, you may go over.

Also, for Orange, I get a magic number so all calls to someone else on Orange are free which is very handy!

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Iphone 3gS. the S is very important as it really is twice as fast and has other features worth having (video recorder, compass and navigation stuff etc)

My other half has a cheaper 3S and it is poor and slow and painful, but my 3gS is by far and away the best gadget I have ever owned and I once had a lazerdisc player!!!

or wait for the 4g..........

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here