(awaits the I-Phone boo boys!)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Iphone :thumbsup:

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Lots of people have Blackberrys, what makes an Iphone better?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No, no, no. Just get one with great coverage and good volume. It doesn't need email, or WAP, or a camera, or hand writing recognition or 32 gig memory. Should be able to get one like this free on a VERY cheap contact.

Am I sounding old?

fatfingers

Aug 18, 2004
hove
Nokia N900 , Great peice of kit, bit on the bulky side but has full internet at broadband speeds and a better battery life than the iphone (just). well reccomend it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obviously an iPhone...give it a another month or so and you can get the 4G version.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I had a Blackberry Curve (qwerty keypad)- which I loved.
I "upgraded" to a Blackberry Storm (touch screen) - which I hate.
My wife has an iPhone (touch screen) - which I like.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
HTC Desire is a great phone.

iPhone is probably the best but the contracts are more expensive than for the Desire. Depends how much you're willing to spend. Though if you're getting an upgrade, you may get a good monthly contract price.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
iPhone if you can afford £40 a month+.

HTC Desire if you are more in the £25 - £35 bracket.

No other options come close.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
depends what do you want it for, to make phone calls or to replace your mp3 player, surf the internet, or business use.

everyone answering "iphone" assumes all people want a £30/month contract, internet access and use of apps. i personally just want a mobile phone to be a phone. last one i brought has great features, games, mp3 but the actual phone itself is utter shite.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I lurve my LG Cookie.

E bay for £35.
BxDxrhOKd55PknsAJHm-fCtOvOu9S-BcTxFmMLPDaf8qWBIsKeksRCvJJUnC-qqd0MMbceQ9BYWWFkrgfuOy3vGQyzh5qHzeq3LcE_wKItAnM4aYRa6wjkQYs-S_

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
depends what do you want it for, to make phone calls or to replace your mp3 player, surf the internet, or business use.

everyone answering "iphone" assumes all people want a £30/month contract, internet access and use of apps. i personally just want a mobile phone to be a phone. last one i brought has great features, games, mp3 but the actual phone itself is utter shite.

Great real world answer!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
New i-phone details released 11 June, expect the cost of the 3gs to go down

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Cheers for the recommendations, think i'm going to check out this HTC desire phone.

On the description of the HTC it says ' Make it personal - with Android inside, it's highly customisable'. What is an android?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Great real world answer!

I love patronising comments like this. Apparently the MULTIPLE MILLIONS of people who own and enjoy iPhones/other smartphones live in a parallel universe.

Start living in the real world, sunshine. :smile:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cheers for the recommendations, think i'm going to check out this HTC desire phone.

On the description of the HTC it says ' Make it personal - with Android inside, it's highly customisable'. What is an android?

Android is the "operating system" the HTC Desire runs on. Very good it is too.

i.e. Dell, Sony etc PCs run on "Windows 7, or Windows Vista" etc. Get my drift?

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Well known fact the HTC Desire is also known as the iphone beater:clap: getting one next week, just go to youtube & type in HTC Desire to watch a comparison video, it will change your mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here