Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Burger

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Oh. My. Goodness. Yes.

The Troll uses seasonal ingredients so the menu changes throughout the year. He is about to bring back the Woodland burger which was one of my favourites and this is what he has posted online about it:

Coming soon - The Revamped "Woodland Burger".

Now in it's third form, it's one of the original three burgers on our first ever menu.

This time, it's getting serious! With the following (subject to small changes/tweaks).

1/3lb steak pattie, on a bed of foraged wild garlic and sorrel salad with roasted garlic stuffed cherry tomatoes and toasted pine nuts. Pattie is topped with smoked foresters cheese, local wild boar bacon and a wild garlic, mustard and light ale aoli.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Talking burgers we are going to the Gourmet Burger Kitchen after the game next Saturday, I am not sure I may have been before but cannot remember so is it any good ?

Unless you've got a 2 for one voucher, it's overpriced nonsense. All my opinion of course, but as this thread has shown, there is much better out there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hmm, two different opinions so will give it a try.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
The Rockstone in Southampton has been my best ever, definitely recommend it if you are ever down that way.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Hmm, two different opinions so will give it a try.

I'm probably being a bit unfair. Before every pub in Brighton started to do top notch burgers, GBK did nice, but way overpriced burgers (£10 plus chips at about £3-4 on top). You'll certainly have a decent burger, but there's better out there now for less money.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
In n out is brilliant.....me and my son stopped off on a trip back from Magic Mountain on a colleagues recommendation. Place was mobbed, very good value as well as great burgers. Maccy D prices and GBK quality almost !

Mrs Van Winkle had been waxing lyrical about In N Out burger. So on a trip from LA to Santa Barbara last year we stopped there and it was amazing. It comes highly recommended.

Talking burgers we are going to the Gourmet Burger Kitchen after the game next Saturday, I am not sure I may have been before but cannot remember so is it any good ?

You've probably already been by now or not. I wasn't very impressed when I went a few years ago. Judging by the comments on here better options seem to be available in Brighton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
GBK very average really. Nothing that gourmet about them apart from the price

Jul 7, 2003
Another negative for GBK. It's an okay sit down place - probably nicer for those with young families than dragging them to the Hobgoblin garden - but the burgers are nothing special and not great value for money.

termy46

Feb 26, 2010
Burger Off in Hove for sure. But the xxx got one is ridiculous. Don't try it! I was in agony for 2 days after eating a quarter, and I used to eat vindaloo and the odd phall. The Mexican is amazing though, and the bacon. Caramel shake is a must.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Best pub Burger- with the bonus of decent beer-has to go to The Partridge at Partridge green, Dark Star owned so expect a hopy beer and also a haven for cyclists so can be overrun with Lycra Louts at the weekends but the Burgers are well worth the trip,enjoyed best with a pint of D.S. Revelation.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
As a former Lancing lad, another vote for Lancing Burger Bar. Now in Worthing, the All-Beef Burger Co. in the Royal Arcade is the place to go for me.

i didnt rate Lancing Burger Bar really the one time I went there, but yeah All Beef Burger Co in the Worthing arcade is really good. Didnt it get taken over?

Burger Off and Burger Brothers are my number ones, GBK is overrated for me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Same company as Nandos.

Oh right, think we will still go and the menu looks good.

Not a great fan of Nandos, only been once and thought it was pretty poor.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Following the advice on this thread, we tried Burger Off last week. Very nice fast food style (ie, thin) burgers.

I look forward to trying out a couple of the posher recommendations from this thread later.

PS - used to love the Tin Drums burger before they changed in some years back.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
for the first time in years I ended up in The Hobgoblin on Saturday evening. 'Twas a cracking burger. I shall definitely be returning ..... probably not on a Saturday night though as it was full of irritating youngsters having a good time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here