Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Burger

Yoda

English & European
Lancing Burger Bar , cheap , good quality beef ! I normally have a cheese , mushroom and garlic burger , very tasty !

As a former Lancing lad, another vote for Lacning Burger Bar. Now in Worthing, the All-Beef Burger Co. in the Royal Arcarde is the place to go for me.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I've just realised that the reason the 2 seats I've chosen to move to are empty, could be because they are near the exits in the west upper. I'm suddenly worried there's a great big slab of glass in my view.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The only opinion I respect on this matter is TheDonkeyCentreHalf's.

Burger Brothers are on North Road, just east of Jubilee Street.

Thanks mate. As a man who has been known to indulge in a burger or two, I am finding it difficult to split Burger Brothers and Trolls Pantry. Both use high quality meat and buns and are worth the premium. The main difference is BB have a fairly set menu whereas the Troll is always changing his toppings so there is more variety. Troll is hopefully soon to be serving medium/well cooked burgers again which really show off the quality of the beef.

Interesting to see the comments about Five Guys - I have eaten these in the states and they are the best of the chains so good to see them over here giving the woeful BK and McD's a run for their money.

Have been a Grubbs fan since I was a kid and they are still okay but need to up their game now that the new boys are showing them what can be done.

Uncle Sams is hit and miss depending on who is running the franchise. The Burgess Hill one is consistently good, the one in Worthing okay and the Durrington one you should steer clear of.

Burgers in The Basketmakers used to be good but have got quite dry in recent years. The Elly in Lewes is good value for pub burgers and good but not great.

The North Laine pub burger I had a while ago was one of the better pub burgers I have had and not bad value for money.

All Beef Burger Co in Worthing is the best of a bad bunch but only average and over priced. Worthing used to have good burger places (Grubbs, KC's, the one opposite the Wortax office that used to do Chernobyl burgers, Flemings) but there isn't a single place in Worthing that does a decent burger these days. Probably not a bad thing for my ever expanding waistline!

See, I told you! :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I go here regularly http://www.thebirdinberlin.com/ Great burgers, really good crispy chips and US craft or German beers. Thier home made blue cheese dip with wings is superb as well. I take the blue cheese and bacon Zian; been going here for 7 years now and never deviated.

I also like BunsMobile http://bunsmobile.com/. The latter is better to be honest, they use a sweeter brioche bun which works better with burgers in my opinion.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Brighton Burger (next to the Giggling Squid & near Fat Leo, The Druids Head, Donatello's etc) is conspicuous by its absence so far. Has anyone tried it? I haven't yet, but keep intending to...

I have, and I like it, especially the basic cheeseburger and their Memphis Hot. It's not as good as Trolls, where the meat really does shine. They also do the burgers at The Great Eastern, where I can highly recommend the DJs and the experience more generally on a Friday night: sleazy fun.
I haven't tried Brighton Burger yet but will as a result of the fulsome praise.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I go here regularly http://www.thebirdinberlin.com/ Great burgers, really good crispy chips and US craft or German beers. Thier home made blue cheese dip with wings is superb as well. I take the blue cheese and bacon Zian; been going here for 7 years now and never deviated.

I also like BunsMobile http://bunsmobile.com/. The latter is better to be honest, they use a sweeter brioche bun which works better with burgers in my opinion.

I like the bird but burgermeister just edges it for me. Any idea about progress on the brew dog place?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I like the bird but burgermeister just edges it for me. Any idea about progress on the brew dog place?

Not tried Burgermeister yet. It's in an area of town I like so will have to check it out.

I walked past the building where I believe Brewdog (Bräuhund?) is going to be and still no signs of activity yet. They gave an interview recently and mentioned May though. Fingers crossed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have just tried Burger Brothers. Had a classic.
Very good indeed. I rate it better than Brighton Burger, but not quite as good as Trolls Pantry. I agree that the fillings are better at Burger Brothers, but the quality of the meat especially, the bun, and a generous helping of gherkins at Trolls make it worthy of the thread's title.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Have just tried Burger Brothers. Had a classic.
Very good indeed. I rate it better than Brighton Burger, but not quite as good as Trolls Pantry. I agree that the fillings are better at Burger Brothers, but the quality of the meat especially, the bun, and a generous helping of gherkins at Trolls make it worthy of the thread's title.

Haven't tried Trolls Pantry but I can concur that Burger Brothers is fantastic. I went there just before returning to Colombia and almost wished I didn't as it was so good and won't be in my life again until August.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not tried Burgermeister yet. It's in an area of town I like so will have to check it out.

I walked past the building where I believe Brewdog (Bräuhund?) is going to be and still no signs of activity yet. They gave an interview recently and mentioned May though. Fingers crossed.

It's going to be in the summer now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I had my 2nd Exchange burger last night. The Sussex Burger with Stilton.

Stunning scenes. Thick chips, creamy mustard coleslaw and red onion rings. It's a beast of a meal for £9.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In n out is brilliant.....me and my son stopped off on a trip back from Magic Mountain on a colleagues recommendation. Place was mobbed, very good value as well as great burgers. Maccy D prices and GBK quality almost !

Jul 7, 2003
The Troll uses seasonal ingredients so the menu changes throughout the year. He is about to bring back the Woodland burger which was one of my favourites and this is what he has posted online about it:

Coming soon - The Revamped "Woodland Burger".

Now in it's third form, it's one of the original three burgers on our first ever menu.

This time, it's getting serious! With the following (subject to small changes/tweaks).

1/3lb steak pattie, on a bed of foraged wild garlic and sorrel salad with roasted garlic stuffed cherry tomatoes and toasted pine nuts. Pattie is topped with smoked foresters cheese, local wild boar bacon and a wild garlic, mustard and light ale aoli.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Talking burgers we are going to the Gourmet Burger Kitchen after the game next Saturday, I am not sure I may have been before but cannot remember so is it any good ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here