Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bennett's Field no longer available - no parking season tickets

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Only a guess but if I were retaining ownership of an isolated piece of land I would also keep ownership of an access route. The area alongside Falmer Road hasn’t been developed and provides a perfect route onto Village Way at the junction with Falmer Road, especially if a roundabout were to replace the traffic lights.

3A9D8932-6E22-45CC-BC09-B8967953374B.jpeg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Only a guess but if I were retaining ownership of an isolated piece of land I would also keep ownership of an access route. The area alongside Falmer Road hasn’t been developed and provides a perfect route onto Village Way at the junction with Falmer Road, especially if a roundabout were to replace the traffic lights.

But WHAT ABOUT THE BATS?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I assume that puts a kybosh on our Tony’s hotel plans

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

View attachment 142660

But I think he only owns the trees between his field and Falmer Road. Not all the way up to Village Way. So he has to try to break through somewhere near the mini roundabout.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
But I think he only owns the trees between his field and Falmer Road. Not all the way up to Village Way. So he has to try to break through somewhere near the mini roundabout.

Looking at that picture, the Albion could definately do something better with 'the loops' in the bottom right corner.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

If that is case who owns trees between our area and the road .Surely if it is Albion we would have extended to road to make our coach parking area larger

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Looking at that picture, the Albion could definately do something better with 'the loops' in the bottom right corner.

Yeah they could set up a go kart track when games aren't on, the neighbours would love that :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only the club had access to someone capable delaying and derailing a perfectly acceptable planning request.
Someone who's witterings was capable of costing the application many thousands of pounds and many months of extra work.

:whistle:

#OneForTheKidz.

Jul 7, 2003
If that is case who owns trees between our area and the road .Surely if it is Albion we would have extended to road to make our coach parking area larger

It is often the case that either the County Council or the Highways Agency will own the land along the roadside. Likewise, the strip along the railway line is usually owned by some offshoot from the old British Rail.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Bennett’s Field is a bit land locked. I assume the roads and pavements around the stadium and Village Way are privately owned by the club and as mentioned above the land adjoining the railway and public roads will probably be owned by Network Rail and National Highways, as they’re known now. One assumes the developer has had a word with the club to strike a deal over construction access and then day to day access. Interesting one to watch.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Bennett’s Field is a bit land locked. I assume the roads and pavements around the stadium and Village Way are privately owned by the club and as mentioned above the land adjoining the railway and public roads will probably be owned by Network Rail and National Highways, as they’re known now. One assumes the developer has had a word with the club to strike a deal over construction access and then day to day access. Interesting one to watch.

There is a question about the ‘wooded” area alongside Falmer Road. Very unlikely that they own the land between Bennet’s field and Falmer Road - I would also doubt that they own the strip of land to the south of where the park and ride buses turn.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Object - the increase in student bat collisions have not been considered properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here