Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I didn't know that. Quite surprised it has burned down so quickly...

Running out of excuses, Sim. :O

The elimination of the waiting list was entirely down to Covid-19, of course. The club was phoning fans in April, after matches had been cancelled and we'd all been locked down at home = massive uncertainty.

If renewal was in, say, February, things would be very different. But suspect it will be just as tough for clubs attempting to get fans to renew over the summer....

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
My mate played for the academy when Ben White had his first trial game for us after being released from Southampton. He told me that he was a ball playing CB from that game, (I think he was 16/17). Bielsa did not make him this player. He also told me that Ben White had interest from the City's and Liverpool's back then yet we signed him. This whole situation is literally in our hands whether Leeds like it or not. If we want him we will keep him, if we don't he will move to and established PL team if his aspirations are big enough. We have had players hand in transfer requests before, one now being our captain, and TB said no. White will only leave if we say so. Sorry Leeds.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
My mate played for the academy when Ben White had his first trial game for us after being released from Southampton. He told me that he was a ball playing CB from that game, (I think he was 16/17). Bielsa did not make him this player. He also told me that Ben White had interest from the City's and Liverpool's back then yet we signed him. This whole situation is literally in our hands whether Leeds like it or not. If we want him we will keep him, if we don't he will move to and established PL team if his aspirations are big enough. We have had players hand in transfer requests before, one now being our captain, and TB said no. White will only leave if we say so. Sorry Leeds.

A friend of mine, currently a pro-scout and a former AM and Manager told me BW was the best young talent he'd seen in a long time, this was 3 years ago! He added, with the right attitude he could reach the very top.

I'd barely heard of him at the time. It seems he was right.

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
A friend of mine, currently a pro-scout and a former AM and Manager told me BW was the best young talent he'd seen in a long time, this was 3 years ago! He added, with the right attitude he could reach the very top.

I'd barely heard of him at the time. It seems he was right.

Unfortunately my mate was released soon after that game but he played as the other CB next to BW and said that he put him to shame and that he was by far the best talent in that age group of the academy at the time. Sounds like your mate probably knew a lot more than most of us though.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Unfortunately my mate was released soon after that game but he played as the other CB next to BW and said that he put him to shame and that he was by far the best talent in that age group of the academy at the time. Sounds like your mate probably knew a lot more than most of us though.

He was AM at Newport when they won at the Amex. Before BW joined Newport of course, but still had connections to them. Scouted him and others on behalf of Wigan after moving on.

He also rated Molumby and Sanders at the time, so not a bad eye for a player tbf!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Latest one is he is going because he bought a house and loves Leeds. The house if true is in York apparently, 45 miles away.

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
He was AM at Newport when they won at the Amex. Before BW joined Newport of course, but still had connections to them. Scouted him and others on behalf of Wigan after moving on.

He also rated Molumby and Sanders at the time, so not a bad eye for a player tbf!

I actually watched a couple of games when my mate played there and Sanders was a great player but Molumby was class, then i went and watched the U21 play off final the day we played Liverpool away in our first season in PL and Sanders had become captain and completely dominated the midfield, some serioys talet in our academy's and BW seems to be the one they thought was best to develop in EFL instead of U21 Football.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Latest one is he is going because he bought a house and loves Leeds. The house if true is in York apparently, 45 miles away.

Very few Leeds players lived in Leeds. Billy Bremner used to live in Templenewsam but the majority of them lived near Wetherby, in places like Cottingham.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Very few Leeds players lived in Leeds. Billy Bremner used to live in Templenewsam but the majority of them lived near Wetherby, in places like Cottingham.

Completely off-topic, but my Mum taught Billy Bremner's son at Corpus Christi College (which is near Temple Newsam) - before I was born, though!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
York to Thorp Arch (where their training ground is) is 14 miles .

Yes but the point I was making was so many Leeds fans are saying how much he loves Leeds but not enough to live there

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
You haven't factored in the fact the we don't want to sell him. That mean you have to take his value then pay more. Potter said that if he was still at Swansea he would have tried to sign him for them.

He is as highly valued here as he is at Leeds, He might not walk straight into the first eleven, but unless someone offers over the odds or he goes on strike then he is going to be in the squad.

If he goes on strike just chuck him in the U23’s for 2 years.. we lose nothing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ben White is going as his girlfriend is northern so a work friend has just told me and he saw it on their forum. He is a Leeds fan and lives close. He believes he may not be good enough defensively.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ben White is going as his girlfriend is northern so a work friend has just told me and he saw it on their forum. He is a Leeds fan and lives close. He believes he may not be good enough defensively.

Saw it on an Internet forum. Must be true then.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here