Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
:cheers:[emoji106][emoji106]

He seems a really nice person, I understand that he also sends money to his old club in Argentina. It was posted on here that he lives above a shop, don't know if that's true, but I have seen pictures of him in Costa, wearing his Leeds tracksuit and walking around town. He's very unassuming, that's what I like about him, that's why I want him to sign a new contract and to see how he gets on I the premier league. His backroom staff, were they new when he first came to Leeds, or is it the same staff he trust from previous employment?
I live near Bielsa. He is very unassuming. Lives above a shop. Sits in Costa...complete with notes (so when Brighton play, I'll stand over him and take some pics...spy gate part 2). He will happily speak to people, never seems to busy. He is a good man. Too good for Leeds.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Strange comment to make on a post politely requesting people not to take this thread down the route to the bear pit. Perhaps that's where you want it to go - that seems quite a possibility. given the stupid and unnecessary inclusion of a gratuitous insult, one suited to the bear pit, not here.

My last word on the subject - if you come back with another stupid answer, I shall ignore it; I won't get involved in the sort of argument that ends in the bear pot. I'm above that.

I find that nothing riles a gammon more than being called a gammon.

larus

Meaningless without a poll

I apologise for having the audacity for pointing out the pathetic name calling from the ‘progressives’. I should have realised that they need their safe-space, where they can scream and shout about how nasty and horrible anyone is who disagrees with them.

I see they still can’t stop the name-calling. Maybe they Think that’s how you engage in debate.:shootself

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I apologise for having the audacity for pointing out the pathetic name calling from the ‘progressives’. I should have realised that they need their safe-space, where they can scream and shout about how nasty and horrible anyone is who disagrees with them.

I see they still can’t stop the name-calling. Maybe they Think that’s how you engage in debate.:shootself

Do you not see the irony of this post?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Ok first of all: I have no idea why you quoted me.

But when we are at it: you have to release this illusion that only leftist people are "name callers" and that this is the only thing every leftist do. There's plenty of so called conservatives and liberals who engage in "name calling" and there are plenty of leftist people who dont. I dont like the "name calling" stuff either - but you need to try to insert into your nameless head that its not a left or right wing concept.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Do you not see the irony of this post?
Leave it chaps, just leave it, eh? Don't reply/bite. This is a Ben White thread - can we just leave it at that and leave political, moral, ethical etc. arguments and name calling for somewhere else (cough .... bear pit).

Ok first of all: I have no idea why you quoted me.
But when we are at it ................................
But that's just it. This thread isn't the place to be 'at it'. Let it go; ignore. Save the Ben White thread! :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Leave it chaps, just leave it, eh? Don't reply/bite. This is a Ben White thread - can we just leave it at that and leave political, moral, ethical etc. arguments and name calling for somewhere else (cough .... bear pit).

But that's just it. This thread isn't the place to be 'at it'. Let it go; ignore. Save the Ben White thread! :thumbsup:

Yes. Franky I'm ****ing tired of Ben White, but you are right.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is this thread still going? Not much else to say surely until he signs a new contract?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Is this thread still going? Not much else to say surely until he signs a new contract?

It’s on the grapevine we’re close to an agreement, but until it’s official who knows!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He’s not wrong though is he? We have great height in the team but are absolutely fecking useless at making it count from corners. How many headed goals, in fact how many goals did we score from set pieces last season?

As a random example Burnley, last game of the season (whilst not scoring) had us shitting ourselves with the quality of their corners and the fact that their players seemed to get on the end of most of them, even though we have plenty of height in defence.

Don’t see Ben White adding much on the heading front either.

Agreed. I’d guess that a ball player might stop us.conceding so many corners. Potter might have recognised that already...hence Benjamin William White.

Have you seen Burnley play? Dyche has them drilled. It’s all about set pieces mate. We need to keep the ball in play.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I reckon today is the day for this new contract to be announced. I have no inside info. It feels like the mood music has been building His agent said a few days, given number 3, media saying close, after bank hol weekend, feels like the season is almost here etc.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I reckon today is the day for this new contract to be announced. I have no inside info. It feels like the mood music has been building His agent said a few days, given number 3, media saying close, after bank hol weekend, feels like the season is almost here etc.

And it’s nice and sunny. Well it is in the Southeast.

Probably pissing sleet and howling gales in the land of the dickheads AKA Leeds.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Be nice if we got an official announcement on his (new) signature today.

Say 4pm.

Milk the tabloids all week.

I expect his contract was either signed or 99% agreed before his agent went on Sky Sports and Barber spoke out officially confirming he is staying.

I have to say I'm actually amazed they put him in a number 3 shirt for the friendly.
Fans aside you have to wonder what Bloom/Barber/Ashworth (etc.) think of the Leeds board.
Their own players were using a #FreeHimUp hashtag after the first day of training...

Anyway be nice to see his interview. Hoping to hear lots of good things about Potter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here