Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Northchatty

Banned
Aug 9, 2020
punk: :lol: punk: :lolol:

You don't have your star player so you're already going into this season weaker than you were in the Championship

Admittedly yes you're right but I wasn't aware the window had shut already. Hardly any signings have been made in the prem full stop as it stands. You should have saved that post til October in case we hadn't made signings by then.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Admittedly yes you're right but I wasn't aware the window had shut already. Hardly any signings have been made in the prem full stop as it stands. You should have saved that post til October in case we hadn't made signings by then.

Sure - but surely a £30M+ player is a big one to replace no? Pre-season has started, 4 weeks until the first game not long at all.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Bielsa is staying and the window is open for weeks but even now I fancy Leeds to beat a lot of the lower prem dross I saw last season.. Enjoy a player that clearly wants to play for another team. ��. Hope you give White what he deserves and that is first team football instead of not playing him like before. Poor lad. Sour grapes no, sympathy for White, Yes.!! You clearly saw more potential in the ones ahead of him. ��

I really don’t understand this argument. Could you expand please? Is Ben white the first player to go on loan in the lower leagues to help his development becAuse he is not quite ready to play every week in the first team? Should we also be playing Teddy Jenks in the first team every week because we think he is going to be brilliant? Or should we train him at the academy and then loan him out to get experience?

I think it is remarkable that David beckham managed to salvage his career at old Trafford. Unfortunately I was not there when he made his debut for Preston at the goldstone but I am thrilled he managed to force his way back into a club where he was clearly not wanted.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Bielsa is staying and the window is open for weeks but even now I fancy Leeds to beat a lot of the lower prem dross I saw last season.. Enjoy a player that clearly wants to play for another team. ��. Hope you give White what he deserves and that is first team football instead of not playing him like before. Poor lad. Sour grapes no, sympathy for White, Yes.!! You clearly saw more potential in the ones ahead of him. ��

And still you guys come on here and carry on...give it up already. Ps who is to say Leeds are not going to be this years lower league dross??

Northchatty

Banned
Aug 9, 2020
Sure - but surely a £30M+ player is a big one to replace no? Pre-season has started, 4 weeks until the first game not long at all.

White was our number one target yes. We made him in to the player he is now otherwise you would've not loaned a £50m player out in the first place. We had never heard of White a year ago and was worried initially as he was Jansson's replacement. He absolutely loved his time with Leeds, his best friend plays at Leeds and wants him there. I just feel that he may be disappointed that we couldnt get him, you never gave him that chance, we did. No one knows if his potential will carry on improving with Brighton. It may do but it may not. You play a different style to Leeds and he was coached by one of the best in the business.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Leeds will sign players you're right. So will everyone else.

I don't see any reason to suspect that Leeds will outspend or buy better players than any of the other lower Premier League teams. I see a few reasons to say they'll spend less, ie, you'll be forced to honour your agreement to pay for that dud bloke you agreed to and you'll have to spend a large wedge of cash just to get your squad near where you were in the Championship.

A reality check awaits Leeds

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Please don’t come on here parading your ignorance about player development and the loan system. Last season Ben was good enough for leeds in the 2nd division but not good enough for Brighton in the PL. It is really not a difficult concept to understand, even for thickies like you.

Northchatty

Banned
Aug 9, 2020
I really don’t understand this argument. Could you expand please? Is Ben white the first player to go on loan in the lower leagues to help his development becAuse he is not quite ready to play every week in the first team? Should we also be playing Teddy Jenks in the first team every week because we think he is going to be brilliant? Or should we train him at the academy and then loan him out to get experience?

I think it is remarkable that David beckham managed to salvage his career at old Trafford. Unfortunately I was not there when he made his debut for Preston at the goldstone but I am thrilled he managed to force his way back into a club where he was clearly not wanted.

My point is if you had played Ben White a year ago he was ready to play but you never played him. Even against a strong Arsenal team he stood out. He never got a look in at Brighton and to say he was already in his 20s (not a teenager) it's surprising you didn't give him that chance then.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
White was our number one target yes. We made him in to the player he is now otherwise you would've not loaned a £50m player out in the first place. We had never heard of White a year ago and was worried initially as he was Jansson's replacement. He absolutely loved his time with Leeds, his best friend plays at Leeds and wants him there. I just feel that he may be disappointed that we couldnt get him, you never gave him that chance, we did. No one knows if his potential will carry on improving with Brighton. It may do but it may not. You play a different style to Leeds and he was coached by one of the best in the business.

Why did Leeds bother loaning a player if you've invested so much for no real benefit? Did Leeds honestly not have anyone nearly as good that Bielsa could have turned into say a £20M or £30M player? Also are you sure that Ben Whites *BEST FRIEND* is someone he met a year ago? And no-one else he has known in his 22 years? Or even other Brighton players he came through the Youth teams with such as Aaron Connolly, Steve Alzate, Jayson Molumby ? Ben White won't have a very long or successful career if his moves are dictated by where his 'best friend' plays. It is a shame Ben signed that new contract with us the day he went on loan to Leeds isn't it?

Unfortunately for Leeds we have an ambitious chairman that has invested heavily in an academy and facilities and we don't need to sell the produce of this system if we don't want to. This is backed by one of the most promising 'young' English coaches in the country and headed up by one of the best technical directors in the country having overseen the biggest leap forward in development with the FA and England.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Leeds haven’t made him into the player that he is now. They’ve played a role in Brighton’s plan for Ben, which was strategic loan moves up through the rungs of the EFL. I find it baffling that Leeds fan can’t seem to grasp this. It’s really not that complicated.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good luck to you, I’m sure you’re going to do very well next season. Pat Bamford for golden boot?

Northchatty

Banned
Aug 9, 2020
Why did Leeds bother loaning a player if you've invested so much for no real benefit? Did Leeds honestly not have anyone nearly as good that Bielsa could have turned into say a £20M or £30M player? Also are you sure that Ben Whites *BEST FRIEND* is someone he met a year ago? And no-one else he has known in his 22 years? Or even other Brighton players he came through the Youth teams with such as Aaron Connolly, Steve Alzate, Jayson Molumby ? Ben White won't have a very long or successful career if his moves are dictated by where his 'best friend' plays. It is a shame Ben signed that new contract with us the day he went on loan to Leeds isn't it?

Unfortunately for Leeds we have an ambitious chairman that has invested heavily in an academy and facilities and we don't need to sell the produce of this system if we don't want to. This is backed by one of the most promising 'young' English coaches in the country and headed up by one of the best technical directors in the country having overseen the biggest leap forward in development with the FA and England.

This is why you finished 17th in 2019 a point above relegation and 15th this season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[/I]

This is why you finished 17th in 2019 a point above relegation and 15th this season.

Exactly - progression. How have Leeds fared in the last few seasons in terms of league positions and points? Super Bielsa even needed 2 attempts to get you lot promoted and that required other teams players to do so :ffsparr:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Another deluded Leeds fan spouting the same nonsense we've already heard many times over. He may well have been guaranteed a place in a championship team but this is the PL and that is precisely why he was sent to Leeds to get the experience necessary to take the next step up with the Albion, why are Leeds fans having such a hard time trying to understand that and how loans work?! We used Leeds to assist in the development of White and it worked out exactly as we had hoped it would. I'm sure Ben did enjoy his time at Leeds as he was playing every week in a promotion bound team, he would enjoyed himself in any other team in similar circumstances. Ben White made himself the player he is not Leeds, not Bielsa and certainly not the Leeds fans, he is the product of a very well developed and multi million pound Albion youth set up and Academy and a targeted progression program designed to nurture and develop players on a pathway to the first team, he clearly understood this as has been proven by his previous loans and incremental progression. Leeds were nothing but a stepping stone for Ben White in order to improve his value as a player to Brighton and Leeds fans need to realise this and accept it. He is a contracted Albion player and very much part of Potters plans so just piss off with your constant embarrassing drivel.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Must be someone that can tell us if White and Dunk are at training ground. Surely Owen and Naylor will be keen to be first with this info

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
My point is if you had played Ben White a year ago he was ready to play but you never played him. Even against a strong Arsenal team he stood out. He never got a look in at Brighton and to say he was already in his 20s (not a teenager) it's surprising you didn't give him that chance then.

What is it about the loan system and young player development that Leeds fans don't understand? Ben White was not ready to go straight into the Premier League against Man.City, Liverpool, etc. a year ago but perhaps he is now. But one thing is for sure - when he makes his Prem debut he won't be wearing white.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here