Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Ben White: Five-year-old fan offers pocket money to make loan deal at Leeds permanent

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Leeds United could seal Ben White transfer on the cheap on one condition - EXCLUSIVE

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1270941/Leeds-transfer-news-Ben-White-deal-EXCLUSIVE-Marcelo-Bielsa-latest-updates

Leeds United could tie up a deal for on-loan centre-back Ben White from Brighton this summer and they could do it at a lower price than expected due to the coronavirus pandemic.

That’s according to University of Liverpool teacher and football finance expert Kieran Maguire.

White has made 40 appearances in all competitions for Leeds this season, helping Marcelo Bielsa’s side push for a long overdue return to the Premier League.

Maguire believes Leeds could secure the 22-year-old on a permanent deal because of the COVID-19 crisis and its impact on football finances.

He told Express Sport: “I think in respect of the teams coming up they will probably spend a little bit less but that’s partly due to the fact they will be able to buy the players slightly cheaper.

“Leeds have had Ben White on loan from Brighton this year.

“Now, I think Brighton would have been looking for a very high price for Ben White because he’s probably one of the best centre-backs in the Championship.

“I’ve got some friends who support Leeds who say he’s the best centre-back they’ve had since Rio Ferdinand.

“In the market in the sort of mid-tier clubs I think there will be a decline in value so they may be able to get him for £4-5million less than they initially thought. .

Last edited:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I bloody hope not. White and Watson have a perfect opportunity to cement starting places in our squad next year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Leeds United could seal Ben White transfer on the cheap on one condition - EXCLUSIVE

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1270941/Leeds-transfer-news-Ben-White-deal-EXCLUSIVE-Marcelo-Bielsa-latest-updates

Leeds United could tie up a deal for on-loan centre-back Ben White from Brighton this summer and they could do it at a lower price than expected due to the coronavirus pandemic.

That’s according to University of Liverpool teacher and football finance expert Kieran Maguire.

White has made 40 appearances in all competitions for Leeds this season, helping Marcelo Bielsa’s side push for a long overdue return to the Premier League.

Maguire believes Leeds could secure the 22-year-old on a permanent deal because of the COVID-19 crisis and its impact on football finances.

He told Express Sport: “I think in respect of the teams coming up they will probably spend a little bit less but that’s partly due to the fact they will be able to buy the players slightly cheaper.

“Now, I think Brighton would have been looking for a very high price for Ben White because he’s probably one of the best centre-backs in the Championship.

“I’ve got some friends who support Leeds who say he’s the best centre-back they’ve had since Rio Ferdinand.

“In the market in the sort of mid-tier clubs I think there will be a decline in value so they may be able to get him for £4-5million less than they initially thought. .

That's a fair comment - maybe £55m instead of £60m. Their kids had better get saving more of their pennies.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

If we're short of 4 or 5 million then we're far more likely to offload Andone, Locadia, Duffy, Steele, or Tau to make up some cash than let Leeds have Ben White on the cheap.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
no bloody chance of us flogging White to Leeds, I can only see it being a top 4 side if we accept a ridiculous offer. Leeds will have plenty more work to do rather than blow a huge amount of there budget on White as much as they would like him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Good thing Bloom, Ashworth and Potter wont give a shit about what Kieran or Toby or Harry Maguire says.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] is on a wind up or going cabin crazy :wink:

We will be moving Duffy and Balogun on before White, maybe even Dunk

He could of course have inside info though....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A Leeds fan and the ability to write a letter. Hmmm I’m not convinced about all this.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
in the market in the sort of mid-tier clubs I think there will be a decline in value so they may be able to get him for £4-5million less than they initially thought.

So £70M instead of £75M ?

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
So basically some bloke who teaches football finance in Liverpool has some Leeds supporting friends so thinks they can get Ben White cheap... Is that his whole rationale,, has he even asked anyone at Brighton if we are even interested in selling ? nope thought not. He even assumes they will be promoted despite us not knowing when or if the season will be finished.. Bloke is a prize plum

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So basically some bloke who teaches football finance in Liverpool has some Leeds supporting friends so thinks they can get Ben White cheap... Is that his whole rationale,, has he even asked anyone at Brighton if we are even interested in selling ? nope thought not. He even assumes they will be promoted despite us not knowing when or if the season will be finished.. Bloke is a prize plum

:hilton: :D :fishing:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I bloody hope not. White and Watson have a perfect opportunity to cement starting places in our squad next year.

Ben Watson?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Re: the Express article, clickbait won't click itself

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I would love to see White learn his trade with VVD and Liverpool sides with Brighton players have always done reasonably well.
I feel for the lad, not an easy choice when those three clubs come calling, and tbh lots of clubs will be selling in order to make up revenue whatever their status and that includes the Reds.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
There are only 2 certainties with this. Ben White will either be playing for BHAFC next season or someone is handing over a lot of money. You can tell these Leeds fans have been away from the Premiership a while if they think they're getting him on the cheap.

Last summer we paid somewhere around £20-25 million for a 24 year old Adam Webster from a Bristol City team that had not even made the Championship play offs. White is 2 years younger, playing in a team that looks to finish in the top 2 of the Championship, supposedly has City & Liverpool already sniffing around him, & Tony will know exactly how much money Leeds would have just inherited from their promotion.

They seem like silly figures to me but based on that im sure TB wouldnt even respond to Leeds for less than £30million..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here