Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Ben White: Five-year-old fan offers pocket money to make loan deal at Leeds permanent

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I too doubted the authenticity of this when I saw it on Twitter. However, I’ve just got the opinion of my missus, a primary teacher: She says it’s very advanced writing for a 5 year old, but certainly feasible and she’s seen writing as good as that by children - usually girls - at a similar age. Although, an adult almost certainly helped with the wording, which isn’t that unreasonable when we’re all stuck at home with nothing to do all day.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I too doubted the authenticity of this when I saw it on Twitter. However, I’ve just got the opinion of my missus, a primary teacher: She says it’s very advanced writing for a 5 year old, but certainly feasible and she’s seen writing as good as that by children - usually girls - at a similar age. Although, an adult almost certainly helped with the wording, which isn’t that unreasonable when we’re all stuck at home with nothing to do all day.

Killjoy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Fake news, Barbers letter would have been at least 5 pages.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I met Bobby Zamora and a few of the lads out in Brighton and drunkenly offered him a portion of my meagre wages to stay. We all had a good laugh and he said he wasn't planning to leave. Then he left for Spurs that summer.

I hope the memory of lies and deceit from that evening keeps him awake at night.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Daniel Auton = A United loan.
Make of that what you will...

I may not approve of your methods, Chief Inspector Brok, but by Christ you get results.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
They posted this on the club's Twitter feed...the replies from the Leeds fans reminded me once again...

...what a weird, deluded and frankly moronic fanbase they have with the BIGGEST superiority complex in world Football.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I met Bobby Zamora and a few of the lads out in Brighton and drunkenly offered him a portion of my meagre wages to stay. We all had a good laugh and he said he wasn't planning to leave. Then he left for Spurs that summer.

I hope the memory of lies and deceit from that evening keeps him awake at night.

Comedy post of the weekend. I salute you, while still tittering. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It took me a couple minutes, but I hate anagrams.

That's scary

Auton.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I met Craig Noone at Highcroft Service Station filling up his gas guzzler. I took the opportunity to thank him and wish him well for the rest of the season. Then he paid for his fuel and drove off to sign for Cardiff.

I hope the memory of lies and deceit from that moment we shared keeps him awake at night.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

I think he only came back because of the guilt

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I feel that is a letter from an average leeds fan, you know, undervaluing a player they want to sign and just expecting them to want to stay because, well, they used to be famous. Paul barber would have been better off telling the kid to do one. That would get him used to a lifetime of disappointment following his local side

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I wrote to Robert Codner suggesting some specific improvements to his game, that I felt would have taken him to the next level.
I did not see evidence of my advice being taken up.
I also did not receive a thank you note in reply.
He ended up at Chertsey Town.
I’ll leave it there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here