Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Ben White: Five-year-old fan offers pocket money to make loan deal at Leeds permanent

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Very much liking all the Leeds fans saying "but what about if we do keep him" like that's a thing which is going to happen.

Also I like that they take issue with the point about them "not bottling promotion for once", which is rich considering no club has bottled promotion more consistently or frequently in recent seasons than Leeds United.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
This thread has made me ponder about how individual players feel about loan moves. White has been given the opportunity to play at a decent level with considerable success and no doubt has developed a rapport with his loan club and team mates. It could be that he likes it there and would prefer to stay if made possible. Whilst he is “our” player, don’t forget he might be his own man.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This thread has made me ponder about how individual players feel about loan moves. White has been given the opportunity to play at a decent level with considerable success and no doubt has developed a rapport with his loan club and team mates. It could be that he likes it there and would prefer to stay if made possible. Whilst he is “our” player, don’t forget he might be his own man.
Then again he may be very happy to return and perhaps play in the PL this season.

Maybe the Albion will see benefit in integrating Ben into the squad asap, he can learn no more at Leeds.

People were saying how happy Mac Allister would be to stay at Boca, but that didn't happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very much liking all the Leeds fans saying "but what about if we do keep him" like that's a thing which is going to happen.

Also I like that they take issue with the point about them "not bottling promotion for once", which is rich considering no club has bottled promotion more consistently or frequently in recent seasons than Leeds United.

and we know a thing or two about bottling promotion.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think Derby County might be offended by that, they are in a different league to Leeds in bottling promotion. In fact I’d suggest that we have bottled it more often too

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
To be honest I couldn’t give a toss what Leeds fans think.

White will either be here or at a much bigger club than both us and Leeds.

Leeds won’t be able to afford him even with the Prem millions in the current climate and plenty of other clubs would soon be able to outbid Leeds should we look to cash in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest I couldn’t give a toss what Leeds fans think.

White will either be here or at a much bigger club than both us and Leeds.

Leeds won’t be able to afford him even with the Prem millions in the current climate and plenty of other clubs would soon be able to outbid Leeds should we look to cash in.
Yes, there could well be a bidding war between much bigger teams going on which will only push the price up.

All good funding for a striker in the summer.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He will be at Brighton next year I’m sure. Don’t see us spending big this summer at all. Wouldn’t be surprised to see just 1/2 players in and 6/7 going out. White, Molumby who people seem to forget has had a v good season at Millwall, ostigard and others filling in the gaps. No club will have the millions this summer as will be cautious how they do spend their money and 2 season at Brighton in the PL if we get that far will do no harm to his value if he does well. When we do sell him on to a top side hopefully the market would have recovered and we get the value he is worth.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

In player interviews, you often hear them say, I had no say in it. Agents and clubs fix their futures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here