Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I HATE that. Everyone suddenly becomes an expert......

Puts me in mind of the 2005 Ashes. By the Third Test all you could hear was Why can't the Aussies cope with reverse swing? from people who had no interest in, or any knowledge of, Cricket at any level whatsoever a few weeks previously.... :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Topical bellcheesery of a very specific nature.

The office is a hive of intense and loud post-match dissection of England's performance, fuelled by people who don't watch football, have never expressed an interest in football in the past and who are simply repeating the opinions of whoever they happened to be stood next to in the pub yesterday.

It's head down and earphones in time for me.

WORST thing about the Euros and World Cup coming round. People who have never shown ANY interest whatsoever suddenly have incredibly strong opinions. Pretty much always wrong.

I would never do the same during say, the Rugby World Cup. I'm fully aware that I know next to nothing about Rugby. It's bizarre.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
WORST thing about the Euros and World Cup coming round. People who have never shown ANY interest whatsoever suddenly have incredibly strong opinions. Pretty much always wrong.

I would never do the same during say, the Rugby World Cup. I'm fully aware that I know next to nothing about Rugby. It's bizarre.
Wimbledon is even worse, as it's people not usually interested in any sport at all (particularly women in the case of tennis it seems), and if there is any British interest in the later stages gawd help us. I dismiss the 'ooh, did you watch Andy's match on Saturday?' with a 'nope, never liked tennis so don't watch it' kind of response. Even that doesn't work with the neo-enthusiasts, who will then go into 'oooh but you should have. His cross court backhands were amaaaazing....'

Just **** off.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Started a new job recently. Haven't found a bell cheese yet - even the South African is nice (making a mockery of everything Spitting Image taught me). I'm starting to worry there could be a "if you don't know who it is, its you" situation brewing here :ohmy:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So we're having some Euro 2016 based forced fun at work today, whereby each team has been given a nation and instructed to decorate their area in the theme of that country for a insubstantial and rather dubious prize.

As I speak the team entrusted with England are surrounded by Union Jacks.

The worst thing about it is the UKIP types are complaining that it's a decision was borne of a politically correct sensibility (admittedly not in those exact words) rather than sheer ignorance.

World War One started over less.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've just got back from the euros and EVERY phone call I've had today has been 'oooh we thought you might have been arrested'

What one of the 6 !!! yes 6!!! England fans arrested, out of the 100,000+ travelled. FFS

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I've just got back from the euros and EVERY phone call I've had today has been 'oooh we thought you might have been arrested'

What one of the 6 !!! yes 6!!! England fans arrested, out of the 100,000+ travelled. FFS

Yeah, but you look the type.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I was in Trap 2 today when the door crashed in Trap 1 disturbing my peace and quiet (world of tank being my preference for a gaming break) Expecting the normal sounds and smell to come wafting over, to my horror the tell tale sound of Schlup schlup schlup starts to eminate instead. Who has a crafty one of the wrist at work? Working in IT it's not as if we are surrounded by hot marketing checks and material is zero. I wanted to find out who it was but listening to the shooting match was too much for me

Did you ever find out who the wanker was?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Topical bellcheesery of a very specific nature.

The office is a hive of intense and loud post-match dissection of England's performance, fuelled by people who don't watch football, have never expressed an interest in football in the past and who are simply repeating the opinions of whoever they happened to be stood next to in the pub yesterday.

It's head down and earphones in time for me.

I work in an office in Toronto, so you can probably imagine the lack of knowledge. There are quite a few Europeans and all the matches are on during the day, so they are actually being streamed in one of the meetings rooms. There are a couple of Canadians who come and watch the matches who don't particularly like football but INSIST on telling us what is wrong with it and how boring it is when there are no goals. One of them loves to tell me the differences between football (soccer) and (ice) hockey. I sense a certain smugness about them talking down our INFERIOR sport.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
OH GOD IT HAS HAPPENED.......

We have a dog in the office.....a Fricking Greyhound of all things..... FFS!

"Don't worry he won't be a problem he'll just sleep all day......." Yep that is why he is currently wandering around the office like a lost child and makes a bolt for the door when anyone goes to use the toilet.

Your life is RUINED. Sorry :down:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I work in an office in Toronto, so you can probably imagine the lack of knowledge. There are quite a few Europeans and all the matches are on during the day, so they are actually being streamed in one of the meetings rooms. There are a couple of Canadians who come and watch the matches who don't particularly like football but INSIST on telling us what is wrong with it and how boring it is when there are no goals. One of them loves to tell me the differences between football (soccer) and (ice) hockey. I sense a certain smugness about them talking down our INFERIOR sport.
Harsh situation. Suppose it's difficult to point out that ice hockey is one of the shittest sports in the world as you can't see where the ball is half the time and it's only entertaining when they start fighting (which is the only reason most people watch it).

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I work at a small engineering firm. So generally I don't know what you lot are talking about but it sounds horrific. And I had a very similar experience to this last week.

I think it deserves a place on this thread. And Im sure a lot of you suffer with same kind of thing.....

https://youtu.be/BKorP55Aqvg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
thank the lord I work on my own........

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Started a new job recently. Haven't found a bell cheese yet - even the South African is nice (making a mockery of everything Spitting Image taught me). I'm starting to worry there could be a "if you don't know who it is, its you" situation brewing here :ohmy:

Found one (or possibly 'found them', if I'm lucky and its one). Works full-time on a client site I'm temporarily seconded to. The room is a mix of the client staff and ours and at some point in the past the client staff got lazy and have their own microwave and fridge in it - there's a canteen upstairs.

He makes coffee in the microwave, which isn't the problem but is rather weird. He also cooks eggs in it for lunch every day!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Found one (or possibly 'found them', if I'm lucky and its one). Works full-time on a client site I'm temporarily seconded to. The room is a mix of the client staff and ours and at some point in the past the client staff got lazy and have their own microwave and fridge in it - there's a canteen upstairs.

He makes coffee in the microwave, which isn't the problem but is rather weird. He also cooks eggs in it for lunch every day!
Really? All that humming and pinging would drive me mad.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Going back to some earlier posts - here's two notices at our place...

20160707_081238.jpg

View attachment SKM_C554e16070711050.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here