Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At the 'comfort break' a group got together and came up with a list of things to try and get the artist to draw by including them in the conversations; with kudos points for the most unlikely or difficult to achieve. So what on earth those on high will make of a wall full of crocodiles, wet lettuces, shields, black holes, and other completely unconnected items I have no idea.
Oh, well played sir

I can report two excellent sightings, thanks to our resident Jargonista, of whom I have recently reported: "Architecting" (used as a verb) ...
I keep seeing this too - when did that particular monstrosity become popular. What would be the most condign punishment for its use? Architected up inside a brick wall?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I keep seeing this too - when did that particular monstrosity become popular. What would be the most condign punishment for its use? Architected up inside a brick wall?

Is architecting the same as solutionising? We are doing a lot of solutionising at the moment. Did people just get bored of the word meeting so decided to see how many words they could create to say the same thing.

We need to have a solutionising session......
You mean a meeting.

We have a town hall today......
Glad I have the day off.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Is architecting the same as solutionising? We are doing a lot of solutionising at the moment. Did people just get bored of the word meeting so decided to see how many words they could create to say the same thing.

You mean a meeting.

Glad I have the day off.

Our summer update was used as an opportunity to announce the formation of a new "client solutions" team.

What on earth they are supposed to be doing I have no idea - but there will be lots of desk moving and silly new job titles

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Today has been a good day. I can report two excellent sightings, thanks to our resident Jargonista, of whom I have recently reported: "Architecting" (used as a verb) and "Zeitgeist." As in, "The Zeitgeist." At which point I'm sure some of us assembled felt silo'd.

She really is "moving the dial" with regards to the aforementioned Beaconicity. Stay tuned.

That's some top notch work there. I don't know how it is at other places but I tend to find that the worst people for this sort of thing are either consultants (obviously) or those that consider themselves as part of a 'creative' department, such as marketing.

It doesn't matter that their job might just be to make sure that all the letters we send out are 'on message', they still act like they're the greatest gift to the arts since Da Vinci decided to paint a surly looking woman.

According to their blurb "They make the invisible, visible by listening for and capturing the essence of ideas and information, organising it on the spot in ways that help people see patterns and relationships using metaphors that strongly anchor your team, clients and stakeholders to group understanding. Giving you a single point of shared truth." And this is "Inclusive, co-creative and divergent, driving mission, over team and individual." Which is apparently "Excellent for building vision and mission journeys, yet also for supporting conflict resolution by going beyond verbal,*hooking into metaphor and clean non-personal feedback."

Well that's a lot of words that mean essentially nothing. It boggles the mind that people are managing to sell this sort of stuff as a worthwhile exercise. Mental.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We have the following:
Stand-up - meeting to discuss what I am doing today
Solutionising session - meeting to discuss what they want me to do
Prioritization session - meeting to discuss what they want me to do in the future
Walkthrough - meeting to look at what someone else has done
Showcase - meeting to display what I have done
Team meeting - a small meeting that no one goes to
Town hall - a big meeting
Quarterly business update - a really big meeting

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

You mean a meeting.

Glad I have the day off.

It's all utter HORSE SH*T isn't it? When I got an invite to a "Town Hall" at my last company I honestly didn't know what it meant, I thought we might be going on some sort of outing.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
According to their blurb "They make the invisible, visible by listening for and capturing the essence of ideas and information, organising it on the spot in ways that help people see patterns and relationships using metaphors that strongly anchor your team, clients and stakeholders to group understanding. Giving you a single point of shared truth." And this is "Inclusive, co-creative and divergent, driving mission, over team and individual." Which is apparently "Excellent for building vision and mission journeys, yet also for supporting conflict resolution by going beyond verbal,*hooking into metaphor and clean non-personal feedback."

I'm sorry that's just a noise.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Every meeting room should have one of these:

Bullshit-Button1.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
9.25 the food van turns up outside
9.27 the bloke next to me is munching a MASSIVE bacon baguette
9.28 *Ker-cherr* can of Monster opened
9.29 The first of many *BURP* "pardon me" to go on for the rest of the day (it's Friday, he'll DEFINITELY be going to the pub at lunchtime)

Time to engage headphones I think

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
9.29 The first of many *BURP* "pardon me" to go on for the rest of the day (it's Friday, he'll DEFINITELY be going to the pub at lunchtime)

I'm always amazed how people can adapt their "meal" times to the arrival of the food van... Or the Lard Waggon as we call it here.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm always amazed how people can adapt their "meal" times to the arrival of the food van... Or the Lard Waggon as we call it here.

:lolol:

They come along at quite regular intervals here, it's amazing how many people go more than once in a day. The guy opposite me has breakfast at about 9.15 and then "second breakfast" at about 11.30.

And so we tick onto page 100 of my favourite NSC thread of all time.

Well played all.

That depends how many posts you show in a page, I'm only on page 25.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

There are a few people here who go through Monster like it's AIR.

I'm genuinely intrigued as to what effect this must have on their digestive tracts.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

They come along at quite regular intervals here, it's amazing how many people go more than once in a day. The guy opposite me has breakfast at about 9.15 and then "second breakfast" at about 11.30.

That depends how many posts you show in a page, I'm only on page 25.

Is he a hobbit?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Please tell me he has a brunch as well. :)

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Imagine all the contributors to this thread started our own company-it would surely be the most productive workplace in the world. No bullshit jargon, no irritating workmates, no crisp munching fatties......bliss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here