Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have just looked through my inbox to find this beauty of a signature on an e-mail I got a few months back:

Eur Ing *His Name* B Eng (Hons) CEng FICE FPWI RPP MAPM

This....got one this morning from xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx, Chartered MCSI, ACII, DipPFS

So ****ing what ??

People who put the letters after their names on email signatures.

Wankers.

LLB (Hons).

**** off.

New HR manager has just started at ours. First email sent is to remind us all that Friday is a full working day. Signed

Firstname Surname BA (Hons) MA (HRM) MCIPD

*sigh*

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
New HR manager has just started at ours. First email sent is to remind us all that Friday is a full working day. Signed

*sigh*

You should ask them why they work in HR if they've get all those qualifications.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
new hr manager has just started at ours. First email sent is to remind us all that friday is a full working day. Signed

firstname surname ba (hons) ma (hrm) mcipd

*sigh*

mcipd

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 426

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

*sigh*

Sake.

HR not having the first clue about real people management as usual. How to win friend and influence people. Why is it even an HR job to remind you anyway ? It’s up to your line manager to make sure your output is up to scratch.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Yep.

I work in the city and no one works 9 to 5 in my office. More like 8 till 530 and frequently more - no overtime either. It’s just an unwritten rule that everyone works to get the job done.

Which brings me on to the Bell cheese element. One guy is famous for working ludicrous hours - he sent me an email at 130 in the morning from the office last week. Rather wonderfully, he commutes from Coventry every day as well. He has now decided his hours are disrupting his ability to work so has decided to rent a flat on the South Bank during the week.

When I pinged out that maybe moving closer to London may be a better idea he said this was out of the question because his wife liked to be near her parents.

Ok then.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
There’s not much difference between any of the main global centres in financial services in my experience. Long hours are the norm in London, New York and Hong Kong, with the corresponding ‘look at how late I worked’ pissing competitions.

It's weird but I actually work less hours in New York than I did when I was in London. I certainly don't think that is the norm out here - it's because it's a well run office with some people in charge who know what they're doing - unlike the tossers I used to work for in London

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I suppose I'm lucky to work for an enlightened company. Regardless of where an an e-mail has come from, if it turns up after 18:00 (Paris time) or at the weekend, it doesn't have to be answered until the next working day. However, this doesn't stop certain bell cheeses sending e-mails (from their own time zones) at stupid o'clock at night or the early hours of the morning to show how dedicated they are.

I simply don't read emails after I've finished work for the day/week, and leave them until my next working day - simples!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I simply don't read emails after I've finished work for the day/week, and leave them until my next working day - simples!

Trouble is my day sort of ends at 5 but my colleagues in the us and Costa Rica have only been at work a couple of hours.....so I tend to check mails on an evening so I don't have a nasty surprise in the morning.

I was called at home at 3:30 am two days ago to set up an emergency CAB meeting as those ******** in Sxxxx Axxxxx were trying to close the city of London financials again with DDOS attacks. Had to get other managers in the uk and the US out of bed too.

Don't get paid anything else either

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
My manager, who is normally absolutely fine, went a bit weird this week

Emailed him *from hospital* at 5:30am saying that if anything I'd start work very late, working remote and probably get sod all done. And that it was entirely dependent on when I got discharged

Got a reply at 7 saying it was "very inconvenient" and an SMS asking me when I'd start at 9:01. I should have stayed later!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My personal favourite in our office atm is the absolute bell pieces who have the corporate slogan followed by listing out all the awards their company has “won”.

At least 8/10 on the BC-ogram........probably mostly from organisations they pay to be members of.......and pay £10k per table to attend the ‘awards dinner’ perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here