Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being a casual

Jan 30, 2008
The Casuals were football hooligans who had a reputation for hitting innocent fans who were wearing scarfs.

Why would i want to know more? I doubt you talk about Chavs in the same breath? Both the same thing.
SO FAR OFF THE MARK YOU'RE MUGGING YOURSELF OFF, like minded people interested in making it happen???
regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Since this thread started about 'scenes', I was a 'punk' in the late 70s. Going to football was a strange experience. 'Punks' didn't seem to do football, and I was invisible man, and left well alone, apart from a few sideways glances. I had a feeling that some of the more leery types wondered whether I might bite their necks. Amusing really, given that I was a soft-handed bag of nerves, more at home in the Vault/Buccaneer/Alhambra or up to town to the Vortex/Roxy, with all the other missfits.

As for 'scenes', well . . . . I guess that when I hit 21 or so, I grew up. Scenes are for teenagers, innit. Mind you . . . anyone on here see Godspeed You! Black Emperor in Brixton the other week? Still love the old live Music, even if its a different kind of Music ;-)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Any bannings will never be discussed on any part of NSC, that has always been the way, well for quite a few years now, it only ends up in a binfest, this the last I will say about the issue, I might add it is not permitted for others to discuss it either, so please don't.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any bannings will never be discussed on any part of NSC, that has always been the way, well for quite a few years now, it only ends up in a binfest, this the last I will say about the issue, I might add it is not permitted for others to discuss it either, so please don't.

Isn't the reasoning meant to be disclosed on Moderating Decisions?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good thread but ruined by a few, I must be a latent casual I suppose.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Not strictly true , see post by Goldstone Rapper, moderating decisions, i have read reasona for posters being banned on here, or did you mean something else.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not strictly true , see post by Goldstone Rapper, moderating decisions, i have read reasona for posters being banned on here, or did you mean something else.

There should be consistency. Either not discussed at all or everything disclosed in that one area. For me this was one bloke ruining a thread that, like it or not, is pertinent to the history of football fans. Clarifying why p&s was banned in the area that's specifically set aside for such things would be helpful and avoid speculation no?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There should be consistency. Either not discussed at all or everything disclosed in that one area. For me this was one bloke ruining a thread that, like it or not, is pertinent to the history of football fans. Clarifying why p&s was banned in the area that's specifically set aside for such things would be helpful and avoid speculation no?
This.
And 2 of us only asked why people were banned, is that now a crime on here??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This.
And 2 of us only asked why people were banned, is that now a crime on here??

By the rules of the board yes as they do state very clearly moderating decisions are not to be discussed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here